Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Warrior vs Jetmoto season totals

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior vs Jetmoto season totals

Hi, first time posting here but have been reading forums for about a year. Thought some would get a kick out of this. I'll start from this past spring when we first got the new Jet. I just went over all the repairs we did to the quads up till now, by the way the other quad is a 00' warrior. 07 Jetmoto totals: 1 jet kit, 1 air filter, 1 battery, 1 flat, 1 plug (original plug is still good changed to NGK just because). 00 Warrior totals: 1 stator, 1 float pin, swing arm bearings, 3 headlight bulbs, 1 clutch cable, 1 steering column ( do to collision with the Jetmoto, no damage to the Jet), 1 rear axle. For those who might want to say the Yamaha is older, I wil just say this " it takes a beatin an just stops tickin". I bought it new and its always had some sort of problem. As for the Jet, it's been riden on average 3-5 hrs a day 5-6 days a week.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

That's very interesting. It seems that not only did the Warrior need more repairs, but also the repairs seemed more serious (axle, bearings, etc.). Which model Jetmoto do you have?

Old 11-22-2007, 02:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

It's the 250 sport. I still say yo get what you pay for. On the otherside, it's handled a 7'x 15' table top a couple small 4' doubles and general trail riding very well. Those jumps and sizes are what it sees everyday (our backyard). Like I said before you get what you paid for, you don't hear about them taking any race tiles. lol

Old 11-22-2007, 03:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

That was race titles

Old 11-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Can you post some photos or videos of your quads together?

Old 11-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

for one thing it was is a yamaha its 7 years older . so it looks like a ton of parts that are seven years old that do have to be replaced, im not condeming JM but lets see if its around in seven years. i have a 96 polaris that i have rebuilt 75% because the parts wear down. it willoutlast the china quads i have they wont be around 10 years.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

I'm guessing if you rebuilt a Jetmoto 75% it will still be around in 9 years also!

Old 11-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

give me a jetmoto to ride it wont be around for 2 years and good luck on parts for those models in 5 or more years im sure they will not be stock piling or making after market parts for them.

like i said im not bashing jetmoto i think they are probably the best china quad made but to make a statement saying that the new jetmoto held up better than a yamaha that is seven years old and was in need of a whole bunch of work is crazy, what if they were both new which one do you think will need the most work first?

like i said im not bashing and i wish you guys the best of luck with the jetmotos.

and as far as rebuilding mine this quad has been thru he?? i put more money in it than its worth but its bad a$$ rebuilt 2stroke that goes thru almost everything and i got 3 grand into it.

good luck

hoyt

Old 11-23-2007, 03:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

My post was to be a goof, meaning they all break and parts wear out. I was just laughing because the bike I so skeptical of was what I heard racing around out back while I was wrenching on the Yamaha. That in mind, I just sold an 87' Suzuki LT 500R that served 18yrs of trouble free white knuckle fun. I don't see the Jet or the Worrior pulling that off. lol

Old 11-23-2007, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

No offence taken from anyone.

For the record I have neither a Jetmoto or a Yamaha (or any quad for that matter). We are actually looking for our first quads. Do I believe that a Jetmoto is the equal of Yamaha, Honda, etc.? No. But it may be a viable option, based on budget. Since buying two quads stands to be a spendy proposition, I am exploring all of our options, which includes new and used Yamaha, Honda, Polaris, Kawasaki, as well as Jetmoto. I almost have the wife convinced, and this was largely due to a Yamaha Raptor 250 that she tried out and liked very much. But it all comes down to what we can afford and the best quality we can get for our price range. In all honesty, Jetmoto is the only Chinese quad still left on our list. Any information we can get from owners of any of the makes we're interested in, is good. I appreciated Dice's information regarding his experiences between his two quads. Outofline has also been helpful with information on the Jetmotos. It helps verify the trade-offs that I have come to notice. Those being: Used name brand quads may have worn parts that need replacing, but in the end it is a name brand with the support and potential of good reliability that come with it. New Jetmotos may have parts that need upgraded or replaced out of the box, but they are new and they are affordable. We have to weigh the pros and cons. Thank you, everyone, for the information. It helps those of us who are new to ATV's.