Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best

I've been looking at the mini quads and want to get one for my son who is 5 for next Easter. But I see each of the big dealers advertising on this site sell several brands. Which is the better brand?

Old 12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Ive got 2 of the 90cc mini utility quad that RaceWayATV sells. The one I have has only been ridden by adults and has held up to the beating much better than I expected. Besides the junk stock battery its been trouble free. I got a 2nd one for my mother in law and it get's ridden around their 5 acres by adults and does well.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

What is the difference between a Kid Atvs Cobra 110cc and a Raceway Renegade ATV? Both seem similar, are they the same machine.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

I bougth some ATV's for my boys a few years ago. The best quad out of the 2 I bought for beginners is a Baja 90. We've had it 3 years now I think and I haven't spent I dime on it. The fit, finish and quality control seems to be better then some china atv's I've looked at. Its an automatic so they just push the throttle and go.

Also the suspension on it is "kid friendly" if I go on it I can bottom it out over a hard bump. For a 6-12 year old its perfect. Some of these little quads have suspension on them for a 250lb adult.

Many companies make one similar, I'm sure the one Raceway sells is fine too. It looks like its based on a smaller frame though.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

What about "Best Price ATVs". Anyone delt with them?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

Hey olyguy12 sorry to go off topic here but I see you have a Kodiak 400 and new 700 Grizzly. I'm thinking of getting a 4x4 quad this year. I was thinking a 400-450 4x4 would be fine but others tell me I need "power" and not to go below 600cc.
machine.

I remember when the 450 was a BIG quad with loads of power and was fine on the trails. Thats when I drove my 2wheel drive Honda 250 (which I'm still driving). I kept up fine too just in the mud holes I had to work a bit harder!

Also as for the 700 hows the ride on it compared to the old 400? I'm thinking I want to get independent rear suspension too. I've road a new 450 Kodiak and it was sure nice and smooth compared to my old 22 year old honda TRX250!!!

As for Best Priced ATV's sorry I've never heard of them. There is just so many bloody companies selling ATV's its hard to decide which way to go. I went with the Baja because it was sold by a huge chain store and also that I could go down and look it over. What ever machine you get be sure to check it out in person.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: olyguy12

What about "Best Price ATVs". Anyone delt with them?</end quote></div>

I cant remember exactly but "Best Price ATVs" is on their 3rd or 4th rename. If I can find my notes Ill let you know what their other names were.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

http://www.dallas.bbb.org/WWWR...bb=0875&firm=90004682

Umm.... I would think about doing business with this company..... The BBB processed a total of 275 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.Of the total of 275 complaints closed in 36 months, 254 were closed in the last year.

They do business as alot of other companies also...

Old 01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: spliffy

They do business as alot of other companies also...</end quote></div>

I found my notes.... Best Price Atv's former names....Wicked Rocket and BMX. Im guessing there are more now.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

Sawyer, I don't think the "power" need people keep desiring is anything more than wanting the biggest and battiest wheeler available. I bought the 97 Kodiak last spring as my first atv. With 6000 miles on a 10 year old wheeler it wasn't beat up as most are in this area. I live in western Nebraska were all the used wheelers are of 2 possibilities. Hondas that came off of a ranch, or Yamahas that came off of a ranch or recreation use. Even the Kodiak came off of a farm, as there was a lot of manure and wheat stubble stuck in the skid plates. But 3 of the 4 tires were original so I felt good about the purchase. I have a friend that had a 96 Kodiak with 34,000 miles when he sold it and it still is running 3 years later. He bought a 2005 Honda Rancher 400. Now with 18,000 miles. He uses his on a ranch, I'm a recreational user.

We for the most part had the same complaint with the Kodiaks. Constant shifting. After a 165 mile weekend in Wyoming I was in the market for an automatic transmission wheeler. During this trip we had a Sportsman 500, AC 500, the Honda 400 automatic and the old Kodiak. Most of the riding was on mountain logging roads and marked trails. I cycled through all different wheelers and can't say any of them were under powered. We topped out at 9500 Ft elevation. The weight of the Polaris and Arctic Cat is noticeable in handling but engine power never became an issue. You can't go 60 MPH through the trees. All the wheelers ran high 40s-low 50 MPH when hitting some pavement except the Kodiak. Only ran low 40s.

I rode several used units 400-700cc at the local Honda/Yamaha dealer. The Swing arm Hondas rode rougher and the Rincon was a nice ride but high price for the mileage. He had two 2005 Kodiaks with less than 400 miles. These are what I initially was scouting for. One with a winch and plow, one without. I rode both and mainly the one without the plow. I didn't like the ride. I liked the ride of the larger bodied 660 and 700 Grizzly. It had nothing to do with the power, it was ride that I went after. But I'm a 6'2" 300 LB fat guy so the larger frame fit me better. But I liked the 400 Rancher as well. And still like the old Kodiak ride too.

My friend with the rancher also started with an 86 250 TRX and just recently got rid of it. He kept is around for a back up at work. Luckily they don't have odometers or the distance those units traveled would insult newer units. And I sold the 97 Kodiak during hunting season. Now I have another place to go deer hunting.

And thanks for the information on Best Price ATVs. Unluckily I live in the middle of no were will have to order one for delivery sight unseen. So I'm just trying to get a good unit and not have a horror story in 6 months.

Quick Reply: Which 90-100 cc mini quad is the best