Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Jetmoto 350cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

I'm a newbie to atv's, but I have been doing a lot of research. It sounds like a lot of thought is going into this machine.

The things I thought of have already been mentioned (O-ring chain, 5-speed or better transmission, reduced weight, suspension quality and travel). I've noticed that a lot of riders talk about performance mods. Having HMF on board for the exhaust should help in that regard.

It's interesting that you mentioned getting customers who would otherwise go for a used 400ex to think twice, because the 400ex has been on my short list for some time.

What sort of horsepower are you estimating? Also, will the overall size of the quad be comfortable for taller guys?

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

The ATV is same size as Yamaha raptor 350cc or 400ex honda.

HP is around 20-25 my guess. We need few more month for DYNO report.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

im new to the post just want to say hi.2 Q.when will the 350cc come out.i was going to buy the 250cc sport but i reather wait for the 350. 2nd Q. will the plastic be a copy of other atv's or jetmotos own <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JETMOTO

Windtrader.

These are great valid points.

Their is a reason we are using a 350cc engine, bcz this engine is very reasonably priced. With great performance.

Once you get in to a 450cc you are buying the engine from Suzuki (china plant) the cost of the engine is 3.5 times as much. + Water cooled.

So the xtream ATV is nice but with a dealer price tag of 5000$ + dealers profit it will not be an easy sale.

I have recently came back from China and spent few days in the FYM manufacturing plant, this is where they build xtream mini and 450 ATV soon.

We are in talks with FYM to build our 350cc ATV but nothing is set and stone yet.

The 350cc ATV build by Jetmoto will be as race as 350cc can be out of the box. We have been working on this thing for 10 month now daily.

1. It will be the lightest 350cc ATV on the market around 325/ pounds. This will give us little bit more advantage.

2. All aftermarket upgrades will be on the ATV out of the box.

3. Hole shot tires

4. Alloy 10" rims

5. Alloy nerf bars

6. Alloy foot pegs

7. Alloy heel guards

8. Exhaust system designed by HMF

9. Linkage suspension system

10. Long travel suspension

11. Adjustable a-arms

12. Adjustable +3" rear axle = 48" wide

13. Twin baring Alloy axle carrier.

14. Alloy axle lock not

15. Alloy front hubs and spindles

16. 34 or 36MM carb maybe flat slide. We are testing few diff ones.

17. pro taper handle bars

18. Alloy gas cap

19. Pre load adjustable shocks

I'm sure their will be few more nice upgrades but I can't think of them all right now.

150cc and 250cc is a sweet spot for Chinese made ATV and I agree with you.

Once you step over 3000$ for a Chinese made ATV the sale drop by 60%.

So our goal is to make a nice great looking and quality ATV and have a retail price of $2800-3000. This way if you are comparing used Honda ATV at $2800-3000 you need to settle for a 2002 400ex.

This is a great unit but its 2002 and no reverse. I'm not trying to compare the 2 but we are pushing the clients to think twice.

It will take 2-3 years for the public to except this 350cc ATV as a quality unit. But we need to get out of this junk Chinese ATV mentality.

In my opinion this is the only way we can do it. Build a new unit our self and control quality and production.

Thank you for your suggestions, this helps me better understand our clients and riders.</end quote></div>

Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Welcome to the forum bosco72![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Your going to have to be patient. June 2008(at the earliest), yes it will have new plastic. It wont be cheap by Chinese quad standards either. Around $3000.00 for the 350, you can get a 250 Sport for around $1800.00.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetmoto 350cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>im new to the post just want to say hi.2 Q.when will the 350cc come out.i was going to buy the 250cc sport but i reather wait for the 350. 2nd Q. </end quote></div>If you live in California, you should consider the green/red sticker status of the bikes. Green stickers can ride year round while red stickers are limited to fall-winter times.

Even the 250 was pending green sticker approval for a long time, maybe it still is in the works. Maybe someone can give an update on the California cert status.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:58 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Jetmoto 350cc

After looking at the pics some more I can only think of one thing to change.

Dual piston front brake calipers. Wave style front rotors would be nice too.

On the weight I would take off the nerf bars, drain the gas tank, engine oil, battery acid, and weigh it again. You might want to weigh your tire choices and see if one is lighter than the other.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jetmoto 350cc

Still, 389 ready to ride is a good place to be at this stage. Honda is claiming 410 for the '08 400 EX in the same condition, and it doesn't have the nerfs or width at the axle. Even losing another 20 lbs would be a big advantage. Also I am impressed you guys have brought HMF in on the exhaust work, I have been very happy with there product. How uncorked is the exhaust going to be anyway? It would be sweet if it was a free flowing unit with a replaceable end cap to keep the stocker at acceptable noise/emissions levels. That would be sweet to only have to buy a $30.00-$50.00 end cap and get aftermarket performance.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Jetmoto 350cc

whene are the pics coming out.
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

After looking at the pics some more I can only think of one thing to change.

Dual piston front brake calipers. Wave style front rotors would be nice too.

On the weight I would take off the nerf bars, drain the gas tank, engine oil, battery acid, and weigh it again. You might want to weigh your tire choices and see if one is lighter than the other.</end quote></div>

Old 02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default Jetmoto 350cc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bosco72

when are the pics coming out.</end quote></div>

Eugene has to make that call. I would love to post at least one pic.

Cmon Eugene...Can I post a pic yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Jetmoto 350cc

First - A quick "Thank You" to both Eugene & John. Last Spring I purchased (2) 250 Sport's and (1) JM 110 - like the JM 125. Both of you guys have been really great !!!

As far as the 350 - Gas Tank Size & Construction Material??; Extend crankcase breather tube up into airbox or higher; Guage of wire, especially the copper guage NOT the overall exterior of the wire with the extra vinyl; Double nut all suspension points rather than locknuting them - once taken apart once for lubing the locknuts are history - double nuts might actually be less expensive & can NEVER work loose;

Now for the things that REALLY need to be watched:
1) QC Control, again and again and again. The difference between quads was unbeleivable. It all depended upon who was assembling that particular unit - some good, some not so good. QC inspection MUST be made part of the assembly process.
2) Good Lubrication. It just makes no sense to skip $0.15 of grease and $0.35 of labor when assembling everything vs the parts warranty, warehouse labor and shipping.
3) Rubber parts - why do the Chinese skimp on $3.00 of the proper additives to a whole batch of rubber to have $300 of molded parts become junk in a year? Again QC; until the average factory owner learns that he will lose a lot of business by employing these "false economies", the problem will persist.
4) Electrical - The harness manufacturer must put the right guage of copper inside the vinyl coating. It's funny, but the engine manufacturer knows - the pigtails coming out of the engine has the right guage copper conductors, but the harness has what "looks" like the right size wire - only the copper is one size smaller & the vinyl coating "extra" thick. Again, this $1.50 savings is the cause of a lot of problems.
5) All the harness connectors should be filled with "silicone grease" as they are being assembled - avoids many problems in the future, especially if the quad gets driven through streams etc.
6) Good quality waterproof friction material on all the break pads.
7) Superior (by Chinese standards) Brake Fluid. The "normal" fluid seems on a par with the Chinese engine oil; except that it sits in the brake system for years. Again $1.00 more verses many future leaks / frozen parts problems.
8) Attention to final design & interference between parts; especially all the last minute "little parts" to make the whole thing work. Things like hose & line routing. Filter placement. Wire routing. Fuel valve placement.

Generally, 97% of the parts seem to be of adequate design & quality. However, the final assembly plant labor seems inadequately trained and monitored.

Not meaning to be critical, but these are the areas that need to be paid attention to or else all the best design intentions might still yield a product that doesn't maintain the expected sales levels. (I KNOW that it is next to impossible to get the Chinese to understand). But, if the Factory Manager can be made to understand that if he spends an extra $4.00 per quad on giving a really good final assembly - he may get 1,000 units per year instead of only 300 units. Education is a REALLY slow process.

I wish you all the success and great outcome with this new project !!!

Quick Reply: Jetmoto 350cc