Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Our First Outing in 08

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our First Outing in 08

A wheelie on pavement. havent tried it on the dirt yet. i do want to get a 13 tooth to try as well and see which one is better for the ridding i do. hope full i can go out this weekend if i get a chance and try the 12 tooth. It sure does kill the top end ill tell you that. Yeah and i think your right about the chain hitting the plastic and making that annoying sound.

So do you think its running lean cause of the backfiring? I do have the bigger Jets that Raceway sent me. Do you have this problem?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure about the back fire but I really doubt it's jetting. Back last summer my Blue 250 started back firing and I figured it was time to adjust the valves as there seemed to be a tick also which was coming from the head, looking farther into it I found it was lose bolts that holds the exhaust pipe to the head. I simply tightened the two nuts up and the tick and back fire went away and has not returned.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: outofline

Ya, the cable was still under warranty and so was the tranny problem. You can see it pop out of gear on one of my videos "Day out racing" when I was on the 150 racing my oldest on his Red 250. I had come to the corner closest to the camera and when I put on the power the trans popped out of drive and almost lost me the race but did manage to over take my kid on the last corner as he took it wide and I cut in tight. We have had it pop out a couple times going up a hill and it does get scary.

I would love to have some new decals. Being that I have 4 Jets (and I'm cheap) I decided I'm not going to put money into performance or esthetic parts and only try to keep them going for as long as I can. I'm fine with their over all performance, I mean I'm not out to win any races against other atvs and they look just fine stock so they are just toys to play on.

</end quote></div>

The cable should have been replaced... The tranny problem is downright dangerous...I wonder how many other 150's do it? I would sacrifice reverse to keep that from happening.

I wouldnt spend any more than you need to keep them maintained either. The only hop ups mine get I make myself.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:41 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: balanis03

Hey outofline and MWQ,

I just took my 250 for a spin yesterday to try it out the 12 tooth does have some kick but im still trying to adjust the bike to perfect conditions. I can get it off the ground about a foot to a foot and a half. I maybe able to get higher but im still new to picking up the front wheels.

I have a question i have the Air flow screw about 1 1/2 turns out but i noticed if i give it throttle and let go of it i hear backfiring form the exhaust and its not just one or two pops there several backfiring pops. Im i running lean do i have to turn screw out a little more?? Hope you can help on this guys.

Also Outofline does your 250 chain make a sound as it turns mine has always done this when riding and at first i thought the chain need to be replaced but i already changed it and same issue just wondering if thats the way its supposed to sound?? Hope all is good on your bike Thanks</end quote></div>

The 12 tooth should get you wheelies...are you using a 46 on the rear?

Its a fuel screw on a 4 stroke. Id go to 2 turns, maybe 2 1/4. If that doesnt help you might try a larger pilot jet. You are using the larger jets and not the stock Jets?

Mine slaps like crazy....plastic is a little hard and makes it sound worse than it is.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

MWQ- I actually have the 12 tooth and a 42 tooth in the rear. The 42 is stock and have never changed it just the front. Do you think 46 would be better in the rear with the 12 tooth in front???

Im going to try to adjust carb some this weekend im going to try to start from scratch. I do have the larger jets installed. i belive i 1 1/2 turns out right know.

Would it make any difference if i remove stock carb and replace in with a Mikuni Carb??? would i see any power increase??

Old 05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

hello, outofline i don't no if i can post pics ill try... and ill say wow the jets look weird with the stock bars and shocks on the inner holes, mine is lower and the bars are extremely low profile. and as far as wheelies, i can pull mine off in second(sometimes) and in forth(with the help of whoops) although i cant hold them due to my short chubbiness

Old 05-16-2008, 08:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: balanis03

MWQ- I actually have the 12 tooth and a 42 tooth in the rear. The 42 is stock and have never changed it just the front. Do you think 46 would be better in the rear with the 12 tooth in front???

Im going to try to adjust carb some this weekend im going to try to start from scratch. I do have the larger jets installed. i belive i 1 1/2 turns out right know.

Would it make any difference if i remove stock carb and replace in with a Mikuni Carb??? would i see any power increase??</end quote></div>

12 and a 46 would be too low I think. Someone here has a 46 on the rear, just cant remember who right now..

you can go as far as 2 1/2 turns out and be ok..

A mikuni carb might work better but you would be starting from scratch on the jetting..

Old 05-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Today My Wife on the Red 250 my 11 year old on the Blue 150 and me on the Blue 250 went out riding today and had a good uneventful (Breakdowns) time! The Red 250 is still burning oil but it's still running just stinks of smoke to follow. I thought I had the rattle solved on the 150 but there is still a rattle! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Here is the Video of today!
05/17/08 Outing

Old 05-21-2008, 10:09 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Another great video outofline. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That rattle is annoying, sounds like when the axle sleeves are loose but your 150 doesnt use that design.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

I have 46/13 = 3.54 on one JM250 and 50/13 = 3.85 on the other JM250.
Personally, where I ride there is nothing but rocks, rocks and more rocks, and hills; so I like LOTS of torque. I seldom ever get in fourth gear, so I don't really miss any top end speed anyhow. The low gearing torque is really great for steep hills and mudholes. Where I ride mostly, they have lots of hill climbs; about 35 to 45 degrees, with about a 40 to 50 foot change in elevation - I like to just open'er up and let it rip up the hill, spinning all the way ( I know others are watching - especially the big heavy 4WD ones - and I imagine that they are thinking "Boy, that thing has some guts - wonder what it is") Well, its all in the gearing - and everything is a compromise, so figure out what type of riding that YOU do and WHAT is most important to you (Speed or Torque) and make your compromise.

I think from what I remember, Outofline is running 46/14 = 3.28 ?????