Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Well it finally broke.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well it finally broke.

I've been trying to get a rear wheel for my '07 Jetmoto Sport since last September with no luck. I've been sent 2 sets of rear rims, none fit. The hub hole was too large on both sets. I can't seem to get ANYONE to respond to my calls, or e-mails anymore. Needless to say I'm not real happy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Is there anyone who can get me a rim that fits? Does anyone know if the steel rims that Dennis Kirk sells fit the Jetmoto hub?

Old 05-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Dennis Kirk sells the AMS steel wheel #AMS131 (DenisKirk #551060) for $42
RockyMountain sells the ITP steel wheel ITP #18R411 (RockyMountain #1087260030) for $27.
Both places - if combined order is over $100, free shipping.
Maybe Chains and wheels(s) together???
I only know this because yesterday I was looking & pricing steel wheels.
I might be upgrading my grandson's JM110 to 10" wheels and tires similar to whats on the JM250's (Rear rock clearance)(if I can get gears figured out)
The closest match up is; Yamaha BearTracker 250 ('99 - '05), both front and back.
Rear is; 10 x 8, with a 5+3 offset, 4/110 mounting
Front is; 10 x 5, with a 3+2 offset, 4/110 mounting
Hope this helps !!!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Hear is the link to amstires There webpages don't list "Centerhole" diameter. I guess that you'll have to call them on Tues. Also there catalogue listed the part number as 0231-0015

AMSTire Steel Wheels

Old 05-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info, it is greatly appreciated!

The AMS steel wheels are the one's I've been looking at on Dennis Kirk's website. I assume then the Jetmoto wheel is 4 on 110mm? I'll bring my calipers home from work Tuesday and measure the hub hole diameter in the wheel.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a link to itptires - looks like the changed there numbers too (old #18R411; new number 1025794700). Same thing, they don't list the size of the center hole either - guess you'll have to make two calls on Tuesday. Good Luck. Let us know what you find out.

ITP Tires .com Link

Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Thats a real bummer 00XJ. I would think they should send you hubs to work with the wheels. Especially if this was under warranty...Im going to measure the hole on my rims tomorrow and let you know what size it is. Im kinda curious when a change was made.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Thats a real bummer 00XJ. I would think they should send you hubs to work with the wheels. Especially if this was under warranty...Im going to measure the hole on my rims tomorrow and let you know what size it is. Im kinda curious when a change was made.</end quote></div>

I will be looking for your info! Somewhere along the line Jetmoto had to have changed the diameter of the hubs. As I said, I was sent 2 sets of wheels and tires, and neither set fits. I can't get anyone from Raceway to respond back to me. I wanted to send the wrong sets back, but I am left to assume that it isn't worth the shipping costs to them to want them back.

This isn't a warranty issue as the warranty has expired. I paid for the first set of tires AND rims. I was told they only sell them that way. Price isn't an issue, as they were dirt cheap. I've been watching the small cracks in the wheel all along, and it never got any worse. The rim didn't break where the crack was anyway, it broke in several places right where the rim begins to widen out...if that makes any sense. It bent around the hub, and finally came apart at the lugs, I wonder if that is why they have apparently made the hub a larger diameter.

Thank God my son wasn't hurt, and yes I know he shouldn't have been riding it but.... well you know. I am not upset at anyone about that, as I suppose this was going to happen sometime, but if this had been taken care of back in September of '07 when I first contacted them I wouldn't be without the quad as I am now.

I just wish I could get someone from Jetmoto to get me a correct size rim, or sell me a new set of larger hubs that fit the axle, AND fit the rims they sent me.

Old 05-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

A suggestion = so that you can keep on riding until you get the permanent answer;
Take the new "incorrect" wheels, put a washer on the lug bolt before installing lug, after torqueing down all 4 lug bolts, put a washer and an additional 10mm x 125 nut on each lug from the back side of the hub. This will be a "positive lock" so that the lugs CAN NEVER work there way out. (I LIKE "double nutting" everything - I have NEVER had a "double nut" ever work its way loose !!! ) Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: mywifesquad

Thats a real bummer 00XJ. I would think they should send you hubs to work with the wheels. Especially if this was under warranty...Im going to measure the hole on my rims tomorrow and let you know what size it is. Im kinda curious when a change was made.</end quote></div>

00XJ - I just went down and dial calipered one of my JM250's rear wheel and hub. Here is what it is;
Hub Ridge 3.520"
Hub Outer Diameter 5.040"
Wheel Hole 3.525"

Back side of Wheel (deep side) - marked with a small circle with a ZJ in the middle of the 3/8" circle. The circle was just at the outer edge of the hub outer imprint.

The JM250 was received third or fourth week of May 2007. The serial number ends with "00080".

Old 05-25-2008, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

NJDale,

Thanks for the measurements. I used a set of calipers I forgot I had here at home and came up with these dimensions. We are close in the dimensions, and my set of calipers has been dropped a couple of times, THAT is why they are at home and not at work. I know they are close though.

Hub ridge/shoulder 3.508"
Hub dia. 5.050"

I couldn't get into the hub hole to measure it but on the set of rims I was sent it is very close to 4" in diameter. Obviously these are not a 'standard" dimension but metric. I think it is close to 25mm to the inch isn't it?

Quick Reply: Well it finally broke.