Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Which would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For that price if the honda doesnt need more than 100 bucks worth of stuff buy it.
My dad just purchased a hibird 250. He paid almost 1300. It handles terrible has no power and breaks something small on every ride.
If you are handy you can get some fixer uppers. I just purchased a z400 for 1100 bucks a month ago. I have put just under 300 bucks into it and it is not perfect but it runs awesome just looks a little beat up.
I have seen a lot of nice warriors go for less than 1500 lately.

It is a buyers market just take your time and act quickly on promising leads.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by windtrader
Exactly the point. If you are BUYING the used quad, you are getting huge value. Super solid quad for 50% off with 90% of life left in it. A lightly used, well maintained, garaged, Honda beats a new Chinese quad from day one. And two years later, the used Honda would be worth slightly less while the Chinese quad takes the "new car" drive off discount hit and is 50% worn out after two years.

Hey, I have two chinese quads and am happy with the buy because that is what offered the best value two years ago. Times change and now the value is clearly on the side of used major brands.
With the economy slowing down in this past year many are dumping their atv's so it has been a buyers market for used brand named ATV's. I remember a few years ago when I was shopping used brand named smaller quads at the time were hard to find and pricey. Now they are much more reasonable.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by windtrader

Hey, I have two chinese quads and am happy with the buy because that is what offered the best value two years ago. Times change and now the value is clearly on the side of used major brands.
What a difference a few year's makes.. Heck I paid $1600.00 for my Yamoto 150...truly over hyped and misrepresented..But at the time it was a bargain...Or at least it seemed like a bargain...

The BMS 300 has real nice plastic and the aluminum wheels look sweet...but the rear shock has no linkage...That style goes back to my 04 Yamoto and 06 Jetmotos.....Kinda nice it come's with a 1yr warranty and 6 mos engine warranty...Labor included..

While I still think Jetmoto is one of the best from China... the plastics and graphics are more than a bit dated...How long can you sell a adult quad that uses Yamaha Raptor 80 plastics and seat combo?

In todays market the Honda's are easily the best choice..Especially with all we have learned about the Chinese alternatives...companies popping up and disappearing...Shaky parts supplies.....Lower quality just about everything compared to any Japanese quad...

Old 09-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Talking

well i have a taotao ata250 that i got from vbike 1 year ago and i beat the everliving **** out of it it comes with a 1 year warranty that they acually back up and i have put some pretty heavy gear on it i use it for heavy trail riding and hunting i increased the size of the rear tires to a 22 x 11 x 8 and the top speed is about 48 by the gps all i did was buy a new chain for it and havent looked back the only time i had to be pulled out is when i sunk it in a swamp i diddnt know was there but it still tuns strong today and i plan on taking it hunting this year and more trail riding i all my friends make fun of me but i always make it through the hard stuff and only paid 1200 for it

Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear the ata250 is working for you. Hearing stories of good experiences always helps keep us encouraged that we are just one more repair or part away from having a solid and reliable ride.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

just bought this for cheap about the price of a new china quad in the size cc its pretty much perfect shape came with a rear rack,storage bag,hand guards,wind shield and a gallon of VES gold synthetic oil. im with most USED name brand.

Attached Thumbnails Which would you buy?-003.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by hoytultratec
just bought this for cheap about the price of a new china quad in the size cc its pretty much perfect shape came with a rear rack,storage bag,hand guards,wind shield and a gallon of VES gold synthetic oil. im with most USED name brand.
Excellent buy! Wish I was buying a used quad now, rather than two years ago. Such a clear example of what "buyer's market" means. Congrats!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

thanks windtrader, i replaced the plug,changed the tranny fluid and put a new chain and cleaned the carb (it was dirty from lack of use) and it runs great my kid has put around 60 miles on it without issues so i have plenty of confidence taking it on long wisconsin trailrides.

im always looking for used machines and come across great deals and in spring im replacing my 400 with something a bit newer and bigger.