Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Linhai Wrangler 330cc 4x2

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009 | 11:38 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Linhai Wrangler 330cc 4x2

Just purchased a '98 Linhai Wrangler 330cc 4x2 last night. Seems to run well, came with a 3000lb. winch. I'm new to the ATV scene, but I don't plan on ******* the bike much, just wanna trail ride and get comfortable with everything about riding. Anyhow, I've been trying to do some research on the ATV and haven't come up with much. I know they make 300cc models, although I've found nothing about Wranglers, so I'm assuming mine being an awkward number like 330cc means it possibly has a big bore kit in it?? I know Yamaha partially owns Linhai. Has anyone discovered whether or not any other ATV parts interchange with these? I've read some about the Yamaha engines, etc. being similar and the overall bike being similar to a Polaris. Can anyone shed some more light on these, or particulary my model? An owners manual of some sort would be great, but it's whatever. Definitely interested in finding an OEM parts site/company for it, and performance parts would be a bonus I reckon. I can post pics if anyone wants to see it to compare anything or get an idea what it looks like. Any helps is appreciated. My apologies for the rambling on.

Ryan

Old 12-15-2009 | 06:57 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Welcome to the forum Blubyustang88!

I didnt even know they made atv's in China in 1998? Post a few pics of the machine when you get some time..

Old 12-15-2009 | 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Wonder if that engine is a clone of the polaris 330cc?? That's the only company I can think of that made 330

Old 12-15-2009 | 09:28 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Scratch the 330cc....dunno where that came from. Turns out, it's a 260cc. Still trying to get a feel for how-to's on everything. I'm great with race cars, 4x4's, and boats, but this is a first for me. lol. Anyways, I feel like I need to change the oil since I have no idea what the maintenance schedule was on it with the previous owner. What kind of oil would something like this take, and how much?? I think I read something along the lines of 20w50 somewhere, but would just like to verify. Where would the oil filter be located on the thing? Would it resemble an automobile filter, or have much of a difference. I'm assuming I should pull it off and match it to something close at an ATV shop since nobody has any idea where to get parts for these things??? I reckon I could probably do the same with the air filter as well. I'm somewhat interested in upgrading the muffler on the thing. I've seen alot of different style slip on mufflers for a buncha different models of ATV's, but of course, not mine. What would be the best way of finding something like that on these various performance websites? I'm sure the size of the exhaust entering the muffler makes a difference, but welding and modifying could definitely come into play??? Also, the bike has some rock hard, immoveable grips on it that I'd like to replace with softer ones. Anyone have experience or tips for removing the junk grips? It's almost as if they'd have to be cut off, and I'm not sure any kind of knife would even do the job......

Here's a couple pics of the ATV....
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d.../4wheeler1.jpg
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...8/4wheeler.jpg

'Preciate any info.

Ryan

Old 12-15-2009 | 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Hey there is another thread on a 260 atv below here. http://forums.atvconnection.com/chin...wbie-help.html

Is it shaft drive, water cooled and has a CVT trans (belt drive).

They are not that common but you do se them around on the message boards now and then.

Here is the Linhia website in Canada Welcome to Linhai Canada.. home of quality and value.

Old 12-15-2009 | 10:30 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

It's definitely shaft-driven and water cooled. Don't know too much about the trans, but its an auto. Has H, L, N, and R on the right-side shifter.

Old 12-15-2009 | 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

As far as the grips, sometimes you can get an air gun in the ends and blow them up,ripping the glue loose,then peel them right off. Otherwise, just slit them with a utility knife or razor and clean off the old glue with a rag and brake cleaner.

Old 12-15-2009 | 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

Ok sounds like the quad I'm thinking of and the same as the other fellow's.

Not sure what they are a copy off possibly polaris.

Check the manufacture's plate on the frame. What's production date, who makes it and is it made in China or Taiwan?

Old 12-20-2009 | 12:54 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Still haven't found an oil filter on this thing? Would it be under some kind of cover or is it possible that it doesn't have one? What then?? Hoping some of the other Linhai owners shime in!

Old 12-20-2009 | 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

Some of the manufacturers don't use a replaceable filter, my Honda Recon used a metal screen inside the engine that had to be pulled and cleaned,I know there are other quads like this, perhaps yours also uses the internal screen. They don't need to be cleaned very often, but they are only set up to capture chunks that could do engine damage, not fine dirt and metal dust like a replacement filter.

Quick Reply: Linhai Wrangler 330cc 4x2