Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kasea 250 - Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kasea 250 - Clutch

I'm trying to resurrect a few quads and one of them is a Kasea 250 that was given to our family. I was finally able to get it run (still have carb problems) but i'm having problems with the clutch.

I'm able to shift when we first start but after the quad warms up and runs for about 10 mins the clutch becomes stiff and becomes extremely hard to squeeze the clutch handle. I notice immediately after the RPM's are high. Any idea? I'm newbie when it comes to the mechanics.

Also, can anyone point the direction of getting a service manual of some type?

Thanks......

Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum augmont!

Thats a strange one...Have you ever changed the engine oil? If you did what did it look like?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
Welcome to the forum augmont!

Thats a strange one...Have you ever changed the engine oil? If you did what did it look like?
Thanks!!

I have not changed the oil but it did not look bad. It was a little low and clean but i added some. I should note that it we originally got the quad about a year ago. It ran decent for awhile til June when the clutch problem began to surface. then it sat until a few weeks ago cause of other priorities.

My father in-law says it needs to be lube/clean and could be sticking but since i don't have a book i'm hesitant in opening that sucker up.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I might drain the oil just to see what comes out of it...shavings? clutch material pieces? Since you parked it when it started acting funny Id think something is wrong in the clutch some where.

How does the machine perform? Does it still function like it should? except for the clutch pull being stiff?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by mywifesquad
I might drain the oil just to see what comes out of it...shavings? clutch material pieces? Since you parked it when it started acting funny Id think something is wrong in the clutch some where.

How does the machine perform? Does it still function like it should? except for the clutch pull being stiff?
It acted funny before i parked it and was the reason why i parked it as well.

somewhat. Having problems with the carb. the gas runs out of the overflow valve at the bottom. I took it apart about 5 times, blew it out twice thinking there was some dirt keeping the float valve (if that's what it's called) from seating correctly but keeps running out. I think the float valve is getting stuck and the float may not push it back in.

I'm hesitant in throwing a few hundred dollars in it cause in know it's only a temporary situation as i would like something bigger for myself. I have a 93' Honda TRX200D that i'm fixing for my wife that i'd rather put more money into it.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:51 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally Posted by augmont
It acted funny before i parked it and was the reason why i parked it as well.

somewhat. Having problems with the carb. the gas runs out of the overflow valve at the bottom. I took it apart about 5 times, blew it out twice thinking there was some dirt keeping the float valve (if that's what it's called) from seating correctly but keeps running out. I think the float valve is getting stuck and the float may not push it back in.

I'm hesitant in throwing a few hundred dollars in it cause in know it's only a temporary situation as i would like something bigger for myself. I have a 93' Honda TRX200D that i'm fixing for my wife that i'd rather put more money into it.
Do you have a fuel filter on it? If you dont there could be "junk" in the gas tank that keeps getting in between the needle and seat.. The needle attaches to the float and goes in the seat. If you do have a fliter then either the seat or the needle could be damaged and not "seating" well enough to stop the flow of gas..

Id have to agree..Putting a few $100.00 in the Honda is a much better idea...