Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The carb looks like the one posted by Geoff, but doesnt have the flat headed screw to the right of the spring loaded one. The spring loaded screw is the only one. I can adjust it all the way in and just raises idle without bogging so I assume it is set screw for idle speed. The a/f must be internal?

Sawyer, when I would crank it until the battery died, I pulled the plug and it was wet with gas, but we were giving it throttle as we were trying to start it. This is our first non EFI vehicle so we were kind of in the dark. Since I cleaned the carb and changed the plug, I have have'nt had any starting issues this winter. I start it by choking it and turning it over...no throttle. Then slowly open the choke as it warms up and stays at idle. So far, so good. Hopefully this summer the unit will continue to run well. Do you think since it starts so easy in the cold that any adjustments should be made so that it will continur to start easy in the summer?

I also have a second question about changing the oil. On the bottom of the engine I see two possible bolts that could be the oil drain. The other 4 bolts mount the engine to the frame. One the bolts sits parallel to the ground and the other is angled. Which one do you suppose is the oil drain? Also do the engine and transmission share oil? Meaning I only have to change the engine oil and the tranny will get changed as well? What is the oil capacity of one of these 110cc engines?

Alot of extra questions I know, but I appreciate the help

Old 01-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bottom of my engine looks just like the pics posted by onetencc in his post about oil plug location. Didnt see his post there... So which one is it?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plug on the left in OneTenCC's picture is the oil drain. By the way welcome to the forum.