Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

What did I buy lol?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Asaran
Throw it out and buy a Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha or Kawisaki. These chinese ATVs arent just cheaper and less reliable, but they are down right dangerous and engineered very poorly. The risk of fires from random leaking gas incidents or major mechanical part failure while traveling at speeds is enough of a reason for me to never buy one for my child. I'd rather just buy a used Lt80 for 700-1k dollars. It may be more expensive but it's resale value is also alot higher

Can't see why anyone would waste there money on this junk

You're right, I picked it up for $120.
It's too big for my 6 year old....
So I bought a Tao Tao 110 that's super tiny. She likes and hates it as it can be scary to learn. If she takes to quading, I will definatly buy a Honda.

As far as the peace, it's gonna be my little project. If it starts to cost me too much, I'll sell it.

But ya, I fully agree. I used to have two dirt bikes, a kdx200 and a crf150 and loved them both. 5 years I had em and never a single problem. Id never buy a Chinese dirtbike but for trying em out, I figure it's an affordable start

Old 02-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Nothing wrong with the imports. Iv had one for my little girl for 3 years with 0 issues. Just like anything their is maintenance to be done and parts do wear out. As far as this thing goes if its anything like mine it is built extremely well and has features you do not see on alot of the name brand quads. You dont see alot of smaller atv's with disk brakes front and rear. I find these ones sit a little high but thats a easy fix, but they are much wider than alot of the other imports so going to be much more stable. The seating area and reach is the exact same as the 110 my 6 year old is riding right now.

I found the biggest issue with imports is their lame excuse for a wiring harness. I go through and redo all the solder connections and never have a issue. Once you remove that tape you will be surprised what is holding it togeather

Old 02-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't care what anyone says, typing peace 110 into google doesn't do $hit for finding a harness or other parts. There are so many models peace makes and they don't show you the older models.... I think I'm gonna cut my loss and get ride of this pile of $hit. When I opened it up and found the harness hacked and black taped, I realized this is going to be very pointless.
Here's some pics for you Zrock

Attached Thumbnails What did I buy lol?-img_6452.jpg   What did I buy lol?-img_6453.jpg   What did I buy lol?-img_6454.jpg   What did I buy lol?-img_6455.jpg  
Old 02-07-2016, 03:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 305 Likes on 299 Posts

I think you have the wrong idea about Chinese bikes, once they have settled on an engine they keep making the same bike for years. They just change the plastics and give them different names. Peace do have dealerships with a spares back up. About half of the Chinese makes have no dealerships or parts supply. When buying parts for them, you have to find a different maker who sells bits that look the same as what you need. Buying a non runner is for someone who's hobby is playing with spanners. If you want a bike to ride, buy one that already goes.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:08 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by merryman
Buying a non runner is for someone who's hobby is playing with spanners. If you want a bike to ride, buy one that already goes.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Definitely looks like a project. That harness looks easy enough to fix when its out of the quad and sitting on a table in front of you. Iv owned several imports and any issues i have had with them is always electrical. thats why i now strip the harness and fix it right.
Thanks for the pics. can u snap a few closeups of the engine especially the mounting locations. Now i know what im looking for

Old 02-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Will do Zrock. Might be a few days. I like your idea, I'll pull the harness completely and hopefully I can match it up with one or fix it . Maybe I can even pull the schematic,

Thanks guys

Old 02-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

Ha, that junker looks like an electrical fire waiting to happen. You are a smart man for choosing to throw that crapper out.

I'm shocked how many people on here like to deal with this chinese crap vs actually going out and buying a real machine that was engineered to last forever. I'm American first, but my ancestors come from Taiwan,, and I can tell you first hand that just about anything made in China is assembled by children under extraordinarily harsh conditions. They are exposed to dangerous and toxic chemicals in poorly ventilated factories withh no skin, eye, hand, face, feet or hair protection,, they are forced to work 80 hr work weeks and they are even caged in and locked inside to prevent workers from leaving. As parents we have to ask ourselves,, would you buy a product if it was YOUR child who was being treated like a rat in a cage in order for profits to be maximized? Yea,, I'd rather buy the "overpriced" Suzuki,, Polaris or Honda.

Throw it out,, burn it,, blow it up,, make it a target to shoot at,, but my personal favorite is finding the biggest cliff in your area and rolling it off

Old 02-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Asaran,

I fully agree. I will take it apart for Zrock, but after that it's getting tossed. Thanks for putting it into perspective.

We can't all be perfect and I understand why people buy them: price point. That's why I did after all. You never look at what it takes to bring that product to you.For example: Chicken n Beef: it's so easy to buy a pound at the grocery store right? Try walking into a slaughter house and see how those animals there are raised, fed and pumped full of chemicals to produce the most "yield" in the shortest time.

It's our right to eat meat. I love it. I have canines for teeth to prove it lol. But I choose to hunt and limit our families intake of those products. Some people can't hunt and I get that: we can't all be perfect right?
I'm getting rid of this quad because of what I believe.
If someone buys one, keeps it and tinkers with it, it's their right. Who am I to judge without all the facts anyways.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Not starting a battle hear to each their own. But with that thinking then you had better get rid of just about everything you own as absolutely everything made has some sort of import part in it some ware.