Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

TaoTao 125cc wont stop revving at high rpm

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TaoTao 125cc wont stop revving at high rpm

I' m new here, so hope someone can help me. I bought my son a TaoTao ATK 125 go cart a few weeks ago. My friend has a Pawn shop which sells this brand. He sold me this go cart knowing I'd have to do some work on it. It's been sitting in the back waiting on someone to work on it for a number of years. They ordered a new engine for it and installed it and that's all. In the mean time, they would rob parts of it for other atv's. The go cart looks brand new with no wear on any of the tires and brake disks. I ordered all the parts that were missing and put them on a few weeks ago. I had to bypass the kill switch to get fire to the silenoid. Once I did this, the engine started right up and idled just right. The gears showed on dash correctly and my son started riding it around the yard at low speeds for about 15 min then we put it up til the next day. He rode it for the next few days in the yard until we could get him a helmet. After we got him a helmet, he was able to ride it on the road. After riding it around in the neighborhood, the go cart came to a halt after shifting into 2nd gear. I rode it around the block and it started shifting into different gears without shifting it myself. I read that putting regular oil into a engine that has a wet clutch can make the clutch slip. I drained all the oil out of it and put ATV oil in. This is where the problem begins. I started the engine and it revved at a really high speed. I pulled the chock out to get it started and revved at an even higher rpm when I pushed it in. Please help me!