Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

New wiring harness Question. SUNL 110

Old 03-27-2018, 07:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New wiring harness Question. SUNL 110

I have a SUNL 110 quad, with a wiring nightmare... ( hack job of wiring. rats nest, bare wires, no connectors, wire nuts everywhere, stuff bypassed, a giant dung sandwich!)
I want to purchase a new harness, but want to know the following:

NOTE: This bike has the remote kill switch and alarm, which I want to remove from the circuit, do away with un-needed / unwanted useless items. Also a tether kill switch.

1. Do I need to purchase a new switch and remotes in order to make a full circuit on a new harness?
We do not have any of the remotes. So I do not really need this item.
But will the engine start, run, and shut off normal without it?

2. Do I need to purchase a new tether kill switch for the new harness, or can I disregard this item as well, and will the engine start, run and shut off normally without this item as well?

Thanks for the help!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:21 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

The new harness kits are "bare bones" so no need for alarms, remotes etc. However there are many different ways the Chinese use wire things up, so the new harness may not fit your bike. As it is a 110, it probably has a Honda cub clone motor, all the wiring kits seem to be made for these, so you stand a chance, but don't expect all wires to be the right colours, to match the components that the harness connects to on your bike, you have to work out what they connect to. If you can't read a wiring diagram, leave it to someone who can.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I. Can read a wiring diagram, just the current harness is junk, and you are right, the color scheme for wiring is a bit crazy. Just wasn’t sure if I could delete the alarm / remote box, and the tether with a new harness and still be able to start, run and shut off properly.

Thnaks for for the reply!