Chinese Quads Brands such as Jetmoto, Yamoto, Redcat, V-Bike, Hi Bird, and Kazuma

Kazuma 50cc starter solenoid/relay

Old 04-21-2018, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma 50cc starter solenoid/relay

Evening chaps,

just lookig for abit of advice, my son has a Kazuma 50cc Meerkat which we had problems with the starter solenoid with the single click. I’ve replaced the solenoid with a new one and then we got the multiple clicks like a machine gun fire so I realised it meant low battery so charged the battery and it’s started straight away.

so me and my lad loaded the trailer with the quad and set of out, we got to the woods had a few laps around the woods. Switched it off and then went to start it back up and the solenoid has gone back to square one of just the one click?

does anyone have any idea why this would be ?

regards.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:19 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Probably the battery is toast and won't hold a charge. Load test to make sure,replace if it fails. Plus check voltage at the battery while running. Has to have at least 13 + volts or more on these little ones to keep the battery charged up. If it just shows battery voltage then either a regulator or stator may be the problem.You can test the stator usually by checking resistance between each yellow stator wire leading to the regulator. Should be some ohms resistance with no yellow shorting to ground.If you don't know how to test you could always just throw a new regulator in if you wish as they're cheap and see if that solves the problem.https://www.ebay.com/sch/Kazuma%2050...tor?rmvSB=true

Old 04-21-2018, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the prompt reply. I forgot to ask mention that I also replaced the rectifier alongside the solenoid.
I’ll check the battery by voltage but I had charges it up over night to start it this morning. I also double checked by using jump leads on them too. Still going to the one click?

regards.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:07 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

New solenoid,new regulator..I'd double check connections along with that battery load test. If the battery is ok,charging ok(once you get it started),then could be starter brushes beginning to wear out or dirty armature. Starters are too cheap to even tear apart now if you narrow it down to that.https://www.ebay.com/sch/Kazuma%2050...ers?rmvSB=true