Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

New atv/ohv club in central mn.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New atv/ohv club in central mn.

I'm starting a new atv/ohv club in Crosby Mn. It's about 16 miles east of Brainerd Mn. in Crow Wing Co. The first meeting will be Sat Oct 18th from 10:00-12:00 at the Jessie F. Hallett Library. 101 first street S.E. Crosby Mn. Dustin Young the president of All Terrain Association of Mn. will be there to answer questions and local DNR rep will be there. If your interested in forming a new club please attend.

Old 10-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Good luck. The more we have, the better off we all are.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Atv/ohm/ohv riders, I had my first club start up meeting. There were 16 people at the meeting. There were three guys from the DNR also. They talked about how the grant in aid program can be used to help build trails in the area. Dustin Young the president from ATVAM talked about how they help clubs getting started. The meeting went very well. It was fun to meet and talk with other people that enjoy the same recreation that I do. The next meeting will be Nov 29th.

Old 11-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Atv/Ohm/Ohv riders, I went up north this weekend. I put up posters about my next atv club meeting. I hung up posters at some local bars, hardware store and some atv dealers. I got some very good responses from the bars in the area. I put a poster at the Spalding house in Crosby Mn. Woodtick Inn in Cuyuna Mn. Coach's Corner Deerwood Mn.and Gary's bar in Ironton Mn. Also put a poster at Brother's motorsports in Brainerd and The Artic cat Dealer in Brainerd Mn. All these town are close to each other. My next meeting is Sat Nov 29th at the Hallett Library 101 First Street Crosby Mn. From 10:00-12:00 noon. I'm looking forward to it. I went out riding on Sunday. I stopped and talked to some people on the trail about this new club I'm starting up.

Old 11-11-2003, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

Minnesota Atv/Ohm/Ohv clubs, The DNR is having statewide open houses on Trail Grant information. Grant program staff will be available to provide information and answer questions. Go to All Terrain Vehicle Association on Minnesota. www.atvam.com Click on there there current updates to get more information about this.

Old 12-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Atv/Ohv riders, I had my second meeting on Sat Nov 29th at the Hallett Library in Crosby Mn.
17 people from the local community were there.
The Cuyuna Lakes Trails Assoc. and the Sno Serpent Snowmobile club were represented also.
I spoke about starting a family orientated club in the Crosby/Cuyuna Range area. Plans include atv safety training trails rides, picnics, trails maintance and clean up days. The group discussed working with the trails and waterways people to indentify area for designated trails and riding areas. We also discussed dues and a name for the new club. The group plans to meet the second Saturday of each mouth. Our next meeting is Saturday January 10th 2004 at the Spalding House
in Crosby Mn. Address is 1 West Main Street Crosby Minnesota.

Old 12-16-2003, 03:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Atv/Ohv riders in central MN, I'm going to the DNR open house on Trail Grant Information. The open house is at the National Guard Armory, 1115 Wright Street Brainerd Mn. From 2:00-4:00 thursday Dec 18th. I will let you know what information I get.

Old 12-22-2003, 02:28 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Riders, I went to the open on trail grant program. There were 31 people at the meeting. The DNR talked about two programs. Federal Recreational Trails Program and Local Trail Connection Program. Both the programs are a 50/50 match. There is alot you will go thought to get the grant money. There is also a separate application for the purchase of trail maintenance equipment. It was a good meeting. It is good to know there are other grant programs out there for trails.

Old 01-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Riders,
I had my third meeting. The meeting went very well. We elected a treasure. Membership will cost $30.00 per family which includes a membership to All Terrain Vehicle Association of Minnesota [ATVAM],Off road magazine and ATVAM newsletters. We meet the second Saturday of each mouth from 10-noon at the Spalding House. 1 West Main Street Crosby Minnesota.

Old 02-16-2004, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

Hi ATV/OHV Riders,
We had our 4th meeting on Sat Feb 14th. The name of this new club in central MN is the Cuyuna Iron Range Riders ATV/OHV Club. There were 19 people at the meeting, Eleven families joined. 47 people have attended the meetings since the beginning.

We are a family style ATV/OHV club; we plan family activities centered around ATV/OHVing,including trail rides,picnics and trail maintenance. Our plans include working with DNR trails & waterways and the local community to delelop designated ATV trails and riding areas around the Crosby/Ironton-Crow Wing County area.

We meet the 2nd Sat. of each mouth at the
Spalding House Lounge, 1 West Main Street, Crosby, MN
From 10:00-12:00 noon

New Family membership is $30.00 per year. This includes membership to ATVAM (All Terrain Vehicle Assoc. of MN. www.atvam.org) and Minnnesota Off Road magazine( six issues per year)
and a newletter from Cuyuna Iron Range Riders.