Club News and Events Share information about ATV clubs, club activities and membership, ATV events, etc.

CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 02:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB

Brent,

Thanks for the info. Why did they close the trails down?

Old 09-01-2006, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Well the river is up and running again. No more desert on the river. It was alittle over knee deep at Rivermist bridge last night. I think it is on the way down. I will check on it this evening and see if it is going down and let you guys know.

One thing to be aware of; there will be police presence areound and under the bridge this weekend. They raided the area last weekend on Friday and Saturday nights. There has been a terrible increase in under age drinking since the river went dry. Both local and out of town kids. When that happens here come the law enforcement. They were out in force last weekend.

Ronnie

Old 09-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Ronnie,

I knew the river got some water, but i did not think it got knee deep kind of water. I was planning to bring my girls little quad, but if it is that deep , i dont know.

Brent

Old 09-01-2006, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: toehanus
Brent,

Thanks for the info. Why did they close the trails down?
They closed for several reasons. Cut fences on the back side and people riding on private land. Trash on the trails. And its was getting really rutted up, but thats becouse they didnt keep the trails up. I also think the HORSE riders had alot to do with it also.

Brent

Old 09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

>> I also think the HORSE riders had alot to do with it also.<<

Brent, you hit the nail right on the head with that statement.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

I will let you all know the river statis in the morning. I'm getting ready to go down and ride for a while and it's mexican food night at camp. I went down last night, unloaded my grizz and never rode. It was Steak night at camp and I was the cook.

Ronnie

Old 09-03-2006, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

hey guys i dont want to hijack this thread but please read. went to keystone lake today[ appalacian bay ] not the correct spelling, for the first time. had a great time untill i went back to the first parking area to get some drinks for the kids. my six year old sons 06 crf50 was there, was only gone about 20minutes and went back to get air tank and his bike was gone. this happened about 6 pm. it took me almost a year to save up for this bike. 1200 dollars. im not asking for sympathy here but if the guy who took it trys to sell it i hope the buyer asks for a title. this is very important dont buy a bike or atv unless they have a title. sure it costs a little more to do this but it might help, i dont know. fortunatly mine has a tilte with the state of ok. i will never buy a bike or atv unless it has a title witch is required by the state now. the vin# is JH2AE03056K613219 needless to say my son is heart broken. i filed a report with the pawnee sherrifs dept. maybe if i had a big lock and cable it could have prevented this. thanks guys

Old 09-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

Okay here is the river stats. It is very rideable, but they is lots of water crossings. Some will be 3-4 inches and others will be 2-3 feet. Watch out for the deeper holes. There is a few that are over the front rack on the grizz. Move ouver 2 feet and it is axle deep. Just normal for the river. The water was cold yesterday.

Brent, your kids would probably have trouble getting around on the small quads.

Ronnie

Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Brent....what is the status, are going to ride or stand down?

We give me a call and let me know what you think.

Bob "Actually going to ride" Bobman

Old 09-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

anybody riding this sunday??

Quick Reply: CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ATV CLUB