Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

28" TriClaws....

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-1999, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Getting back to the original topic....
The Vampires and TriClaws are very close in performance and neither one can beat the other hands down. It just depends on your preference of the tire. I have vampires and i wont trade em for anything UNTIL some real badass mudtire pops up that can outmud and perform the vamps and claws. i doubt that will ever happen though.

Old 12-10-1999, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Bigbear--I am working on a 29" VampClaw. The only problem I see will be with some patent lawyers and stuff , just kidding. I am happy with the vampires and will stay on this horse until a better one comes along. If it does, then I would not have any problems in switching.

Old 12-10-1999, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just wanted to drop a lil info in on this discussion. Mudtires.com is the site made by snad tires unlimited for THEIR mud tires. So of course they will sya their tires are beating the vampires! DUH!!!

------------------
Matt Sibley

1999 Honda 300 4x4 Vampires and 2500 lb. winch

Old 12-11-1999, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I don't get it.

When you do it it's complaining but when SwampMonster does it it's whining.

P.S Thanks for being nice enough to describe me.

[This message has been edited by BONER (edited 12-10-1999).]

Old 12-11-1999, 12:51 AM
Trailblazer

Hey BONER!

Just forget about him man. Apparently he doesn't have anything useful to post on this topic. Glad to see others back on the topic though.

Just to clarify things here: I did not intend for this thread to take off on this tangent. I am NOT trying to say that anyone who says the Tri-Claws are better is full of B.S. Although I am trying to find input from those who have them. Where we ride it is primarily deep, watery, soupy mud. Almost everyone I ride with has the SS TSL tires or the SS Vampires. We have not seen any Tri-Claws around here. So, with that said, anyone who has experience with either tire or both tires please feel free to respond. On the other hand if you don't own these either of these tires and do not intend to own them then please avoid wasting forum space. You don't see me posting in any of the "Racing" topics trying to tell them a Banshee is better than a 250R. I'll leave that subject to others that own either of those two machines.

Let's get back on track here!

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

Old 12-11-1999, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Hey BONER!

Just forget about him man. Apparently he doesn't have anything useful to post on this topic. Glad to see others back on the topic though.

Just to clarify things here: I did not intend for this thread to take off on this tangent. I am NOT trying to say that anyone who says the Tri-Claws are better is full of B.S. Although I am trying to find input from those who have them. Where we ride it is primarily deep, watery, soupy mud. Almost everyone I ride with has the SS TSL tires or the SS Vampires. We have not seen any Tri-Claws around here. So, with that said, anyone who has experience with either tire or both tires please feel free to respond. On the other hand if you don't own these either of these tires and do not intend to own them then please avoid wasting forum space. You don't see me posting in any of the "Racing" topics trying to tell them a Banshee is better than a 250R. I'll leave that subject to others that own either of those two machines.

Let's get back on track here!

"LOCK 'EM AND LEAVE 'EM!!!"
SwampMonster

Old 12-11-1999, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

My uncle switched from 25x9 TSL's to 25x11 Bi-claws (0n his Honda 350 4x4) but the only thing he got was a 1/2 more ground clearance and a roughter ride. He doesn't ride enough to need those tires. I think the only raseon he got them was because he had a leak in the TSl's that he couldn't find(he didn't know about slime). Those tires are still running to day even thought they are almost 6 years old. He sold them to his bro with a Honda 300 4x4.

Old 12-12-1999, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

which one has the 1" lift?

Old 12-12-1999, 02:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

swamp man
i hear you... i ride with a 1997 honda 400 with 26 bi-claws on all for( he runs about 30psi in his tires.)aand also another 400(same year model) with the new 27X12X12 all the way aruond,and a polariors 500 mag. with 27' vamp"s all the way around(1999 model)the hondas has a 1" lift aand the pol. has a 3' lift.... the honda with the bi-claws will out them all......
but the only one to come close is the tri-claws..the polares with a 3' lift and 26" dont come close.
we ride in south houston,texas
the mud here has no bottem, and i beleave the tri-claws work better here.... the ground does make a diff. ......

i will buy the tri-claws

Old 12-12-1999, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im from Dublin GA and work my saturday morinigns at the local Arctic cat shop and have seen plenty of diffrent set ups....im in the process of buying tri-claws mainly because they throw mud to the side instead of straight up like on vamps. vamps also have been known to make your rear wheels ride up on you on hard pack surfaces.Anyone want to ride let me know