Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

ITP Wetlands Radial & Mudlite XTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Wetlands Radial & Mudlite XTR

I've come to the conclusion that the Wetlands Radial was a "testbed" tire for the development of the new Mudlite XTR. Check out the tread pattern and the fact that they are both radials. It also seemed odd to me that the Wetlands radial was never featured prominently in the ITP's website and was never marketed aggressively. I believe these two tires are very much of the same design with only minor largely cosmetic differences.

Just my take on it......doesn't mean it's fact.

Bob

Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would agree. I just got the wetlands and am real happy. I am betting they will disappear and the higher priced mudlites will be the only ones available. Just my 2 cents!

Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Trailblazer

I wonder if the fact that Polaris and Bombardier use basicly the same tire as an OEM tire has anything to do with it? The lugs look like they might be deeper on the XTRs. They should be for what they are charging. I think the Wetlands are better for the average person and the XTRs are better for the mud freaks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I should have a set of wetlands on my 05 Kodiak 400 by the end of next week. Right now I have Maxxis M911Y and M912Y stock 2 plys. Wetlands will be a huge improvement over them. I got Douglas rims while I was at it. I wonder where I will stand weight wise?

Old 03-22-2005, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I've got both Wetlands and the Mudlites...completely different tires. Also, on the ITP site, the Wetlands are listed under 'new products'....

Old 03-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

Are you familiar with the Mudlite XTR RADIALS? What is the tread depth? How much do they weigh? You have bias ply mudlites Correct? Mudlite XTRs are definitely a new product.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WildKodiak05
Are you familiar with the Mudlite XTR RADIALS? What is the tread depth? How much do they weigh? You have bias ply mudlites Correct? Mudlite XTRs are definitely a new product.
Yes I am familiar with the Mudlite XTR's....they are completely different than the Wetlands. Although they are both radials, when I talked with ITP about the tires they gave me the lowdown, which is that they were to be an alternative to the best selling standard ply Mudlites. If you look at the tread vs the Wetlands, they are definitely different and they are marketing the XTR with the sizes that most people like, unlike the Wetlands which are only in 26" max....

Would be interesting to test them side-by-side....but they are two different tires. The wetlands are not made with the wide front like is available on the XTR. Granted, I still have my stock Wetlands (PXTs), which are great tires....