Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

New 25" ATR tires arrived different in shape.... what to do? :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005 | 11:27 PM
Sog
|
Weekend Warrior
Default New 25" ATR tires arrived different in size and yet the same size.... what to do? :(

My new ITP C-5 wheels and 25" ATR Holeshot tires (complete set) showed up at my door today. One of the rear tires showed up deflated. I pumped it up and equalized the psi between the 4 tires but its shape is noticeably different than the other three. It is a half inch shorter than the rest and a quarter inch wider with a "flatter" tread profile than the other rear tire. Otherwise it appears to be holding air fine and looks no different than the rest. All the numbers check out....it is the same style of tire/wheel. What should I do??? Am I the first to have a different size same size tire? Do they conform to the same shape over time? Any help to get me riding (without voiding a return) would be appreciated.

Old 05-11-2005 | 01:53 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default New 25" ATR tires arrived different in shape.... what to do? :(

I have ATR's on my Ranchers. I bought the sets at different times, and the rears are not exactly the same between the sets. The older ones are wider and shorter, and the newer set is a little narrower and taller. I think you got the older style and newer style mixed.

Start by calling the place where you ordered them, and get them replaced. If they don't help you, call ITP directly. I have found them to be very helpful with any problems.

Old 05-11-2005 | 09:49 PM
Sog
|
Weekend Warrior
Default New 25" ATR tires arrived different in shape.... what to do? :(

ha! that makes sense! Thanks for the reply.

Talked to Matt @ AtvOutfitters he was stumped as to why but was very helpful in getting the problem solved. New tire is on it's way.