Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Select the right tire for your 4 wheeler

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Select the right tire for your 4 wheeler

I went to Durhamtown this last weekend in Union Point Georgia and went on there night ride. It poured rain the entire 4 hour ride. (My kind of fun) We went way back in the deep woods where you don't get to ride during normal everyday rides at there facility. I counted 20 4 wheelers in our group and most of them were 500cc to 800cc. All of them were riding with stock factory tires. I was riding my 360 prairie which by comparison is a dog compared to most of the big boys out there. But, I LIKE MUD and I ride with 26" Gators. It was my night to shine. I don't care how big or small you are the right tire for your specific kind of riding makes all the diffrence in the world. At least I made a believer out of 19 others which my 360 had to pull out most of them half the night. It was sweet revenge to throw mud in there face after they had pelted me with rocks so badly earlier in the night as they drove past me on the long rocky trails like I was standing still.

Don't get me wrong I will own a larger bike soon enough but it won't hit the trails until it is properly equiped with diffrent tires other than stock.

Ride them like you stole them,
Mud

Old 07-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Select the right tire for your 4 wheeler

There are two trueisms: Tires make the machine, and stock tires are usually terrible!

Over the years, I have spent a lot of $$$$$ trying different tires. A lot of them end up in a pile in the shed, because they got rejected!

I have settled on iRazr radials for my 400's and 450, the new ITP Trac Star radials on the 250's, and ITP Holeshot ATR radials on the Rancher.

RIMS make a HUGE difference too, but that's a topic for another post.............