Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Tire Suggestions for Kodiak '06 Kodiak

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Suggestions for Kodiak '06 Kodiak

broadtop, shade gap, when you feel brave and overcome any fear of heights come on down and I will be happy to show you some serious trails and after a hard ride we can sit there drinking beer and laugh at the city boys that show up.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Range Rover

Hey isn't Shade Gap in Huntingdon County, PA? I have been there, a friend of mine was from Lewistown, and his family had a cabin near Belleville. We rode atv's there back in the early 90's, my buddy had a Suzuki 200 I think. I have pics of me on either Jack's Mountain or Blue Mountain, can't remember, on that old Suzuki. Iwill update my pics with a couple pics. We also swam a Greenwood Furnace State Park, dang that lake water sure was cold in the middle of July. Pics will update soon.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:51 AM
Trailblazer

ok, ive narrowed it down to three choices. the itp mudlite, gbc dirtdevil, or the kenda bear claws. which out of the three offer the best wear? which are the best for mud, rocks, field riding (corn and soybean), and gravel roads? ive found the best prices at rocky mountain atv. thanks...Tim

Old 11-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

Dirt devils for the best wear. I would also look at Swamp lites, have some friends with them and they work well in all conditiions.

Old 11-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

Dirt devils for the best wear. I would also look at Swamp lites, have some friends with them and they work well in all conditiions.
I complete agree in every way with this guy! the dirt devils will last the longest. I would also recommend checking out the swamp lites

Old 11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

DirtDevils will out wear them all. I got close to 2000 miles on mine and still look good. BUT my next tires will be Maxxis Bighorn radials.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 AM
Pro Rider

isn't the worst thing you can do is to install bigger, better grip, heavier tires on a belt slipping 450 Kodiak? Hear me out: Wouldn't it better if the tires slip and spin before the belt slips and spins? The belt slips like a clutch, the heavier weight and the better grip of the tires would be more likely to slip ur drive belt, so the worst thing you can do is install bigger, heavy tires on any belt drive. Listen to me guys, im telling you as ur friend, if you really wanta judge a good friend a good friend will tell you ur mistakes and ur weakness so you can correct it and not do it again, im being ur good friend. thanks , Your Best Friend,, MotoF150

Old 11-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

THIS IS ALL HE HAS, HE IS A IDIOT, HE LIES, HE DOENT KNOW ANYTHING, HE SAYS HE HAS A EIGER, BUT I DONT BELIEVE HE HAS ONE AT ALL. HE SAYS HE A COUNTRY BOY WRONG HE LIVES IN PITTSBURGH, HE PLANTS DAISYS FOR A LIVING , I DID SOME SNOOPING AROUND WITH A BUDDY WHO LIVES IN HERSHY PA HE THINKED BY THIS GUYS NAME HE HEARD A STORY THAT HE WAS SLEEPING WITTH HIS SIS??????????? JUST WHAT I HEARD, ANY NEWBIES WHO SEE MOTF150 POSTS IGNORE THEM MY 11 YEAR OLD HAS MORE KNOWLEGE THAN BOZO!

I ALSO HEARD HE WORKS AT A SHEEP FARM??????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

OH YEAH IDIOT BELTS DONT SLIP.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

i thought the kodiak was a good machine for the money. i took it to the ozarks for thanksgiving and had no problems. it rode really well through the tight trails. heck if i work it right i can break the rear end loose. Tim

Old 11-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

burnt3d. Don't worry the Kodiak is a good machine. I'm on my second. I'd stay away from those Mudlites. I've had more holes in those than any other tire (even stock). After putting the Mudlite XL's on I noticed a power drop that was helped by an EPI clutch kit (just something to think about).
Buck

Quick Reply: Tire Suggestions for Kodiak '06 Kodiak