Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Interco Swamplites

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interco Swamplites

I just wanted to chime in here in case anone was using this forum to research future tire purchases. I agree with everyone on most points but a few. First off this tire is an excellent all around tire, certainly one of the best, so so don't look at this as bashing.
1- Most Swamplites wear very quickly. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say that they don't. Any hardpack makes them go away very quickly compared to the Swamplites closest competitors. They do not however wear as quickly as a MudLite, so if that is the tire you are comparing to then yes they have a longer life than that.
2- Most Swamplites measure at or above stated size. I'm sure none of you are lying about your eights, but I want to make sure people understand that most SL's are overheight. I have seen 29.5's that were well over 30"
3- They are EXCELLENT climbers. That hasn't been really highlited here too much but they are definately one of the best clay hill and slippery rock climbing all terrain tires out there.
4- Most SL owners complain about wobble at high speeds. This is expecially true of owners of the 26's and the 29.5s.
5- SL's do not clean well in peanut butter mud. That is the biggest reasomn many people bash this tire. However what they fail to mention is that peanut butter mud is about the mud they aren't capable in. They do well in bottomless mud, wattery mud, light clay, river beds with sandy conditions, muskeg and floating bogs.

For anyone researching for future tires please consider these as an excellent all around tire with a great bang for your buck (I've always said SL's and Swampwitches are the best value for your dollar): Others to consider in this Moderate Mud tire catagory: Swampwitch, MST, Bearclaw, Swamp Fox Plus, Dirt Devil 2 (I know it's a stretch but they are urprising in the mud), Gator/MudBug, Mudrunner, Mudhook XXtreme, Mudwolf, Zilla (not Mudzilla) Vampire ASX (not the other 2), the larger Mudgears, and Superlite. Good hunting

Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Trailblazer

i lokked at royal distributing and the cheapest tire in my lug and mud tire range was the swamplites.but how good to they.sometimes i have to run down the road for 1km or so. if they wear good?? thats what im getting for my next aftermarket tires.

-------------------------------
03 polaris sportsman 400 red
04 polaris sportsman 600 camo
85 honda trx 250 2x4

Old 10-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I agree with jd2210 on most things he has posted. I have had two pair of Swamplites and loved both. I personally think they wear somewhat fast but I think that is relative to how you ride and where you ride. I do alot of hardpack and expect my Swamps to last to around 2000 miles. That's alot of miles for some and not for others.
Hope this helps. Also check out mudthrowers.com and use the code LUGNUT. free shipping and decent prices.
Buck

Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Range Rover

My swamplites are wearing very well! With just over 500 miles on them they are still measuring 1.5" tread depth. And they have seemed to soften up a bit. I am more than happy with my purchase and will certainly buy another set!