Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Interco Swamplites

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interco Swamplites

Just wanted to post this and see what everyone w/ swamplites has to say about them. In my opinion they are the best all around tire that anyone could buy. Have read were some people say they slick over in the mud. The few times that i have expirienced them slicking over a little they cleaned out very easily w/ a snap of the throttle. Also i really like the rooster tails they shoot on loose terrain![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So let us all know what you guys think about this awesome tire?

Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Although I only have a 2 wheel drive Suzuki Ozark 250, these tires do great!! They get through my super sticky swamp and through muddy rivers. I have been able to slick my tires over but I was in clay that you could form into a ball and throw it. The clay was at my knees because when I got off the ATV to push, I sunk right down. I had to have my friend pull me out but I can't blame the tires on that. I may have actually gotten through if I didn't bottom out. But other than that, the tires hook up great in everything, have a very smooth ride, and they create very nice rooster tails!! Oh, by the way, THANKS FOR HELPING ME MAKE MY DECISION ON WHAT TIRE TO BUY TANCAT500!! I don't know what I would do without them, besides riding in my backyard over and over and over and over and over again with my not so good stock tires. The inch deap tread really comes in handy. Now that my friend saw how well these tires do and has driven my quad with them, he's going to try to buy a pair, he LOVEs them. Infact, when he drives my quad, he does some pretty stupid things like going through a riverover the tires, but he never gets stuck. I don't know how but he just doesn't, then I try and bury myself. That's the other thing, DON'T SPIN THESE TIRES IN MUD TOO MUCH!! You will dig yourself to the bottom...lol. I found out the hard way, many times over, but this may also be due to the fact that my ATV is only 2x4. Oh well. Overall, these tires are great and recommend them to anyone who needs a good all around tire.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Range Rover

You are very welcome suziozark!!!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer

I just mounted my 27" swamp lites last night. I have to say I expected them to be taller.

I put a ruler across the top and measured to the floor and they measure 26" Same height as my dads 26" mudlite xtr's in fact. From everything I have read they are supposed to run bigger than the rated size.

What kind of pressures are you guys running them at?

Old 07-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Reconranger (automatics are for sissies)!

I am on my second set and I have to say that for the price, they are hard to beat. I think there are better tires out there but the Swamplites are the best deal in my opinion. They do as well as the Mudlites I had minus the sidewall slices and seem to run a little smoother on hard pack. My only gripe is a wobble around 40+ but as stated somewhere else, that may be a balance issue.
As far as heighth goes, both sets of my 26" Swamps have measured 26 1/4" with 4lbs. Sounds weird to have them measure shorter.
Buck

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

I remeasured from side to side instead of from the floor to the top and they seem to be right at 27" I put 7lbs in each of them. I didn't really notice any power drop at all with them. Very surprised at that. I bought the Dalton clutch kit but I don't know if I really need it now. Makes me wish I would have gone with 28's

Old 08-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Range Rover

I know that there are alot more people than this with swamplites!!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tancat500

I know that there are alot more people than this with swamplites!!</end quote></div>

im looking at these myself and for the price they seem pretty good, but how do these things run on the road?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer
Default Interco Swamplites"></title><script src=

hey how do they run on the road do they wobble any?

Old 08-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Interco Swamplites"></title><script src=

YEAH LIKE SBUCKJ + I AGREE THERE IS A WOBBLE OVER 40, I HOPE TO ONE DAY REMEDY CAUSE THESE THING ARE GREAT IN EVERY OTHER WAY.

Quick Reply: Interco Swamplites