Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

6 ply vrs. 2 ply tires.?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 ply vrs. 2 ply tires.?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Stoopidbot

It doesn't sound like it.</end quote></div>

Because you don't know what I have means that I don't...I forgot, you know everything and if you don't know about it then it must be fake. Because you obviously know everything out there, OH WAIT NO YOU DON'T AND THAT'S OBVIOUS.</end quote></div>

I would know more if you answered any of my questions instead of insulting me like a kid on the playground. Are you ever going to let people know what kind of engine you really have?</end quote></div>

REALLY? I told you that it is the same motor as ALL the other F150. The truck has a conversion package which gives it upgraded parts. The only thing different about the motor is the fuel programming. They use the same kind of driveshaft, they have the upgraded suspension like the police interceptor, and it has an extra oil cooler. The same things they put on the Crown Vic Police Interceptors. How many times do I have to tell you what the motor is.

Here read it again, maybe you will get it this time.

The truck has a conversion package which gives it upgraded parts. The only thing different about the motor is the fuel programming. They use the same kind of driveshaft, they have the upgraded suspension like the police interceptor, and it has an extra oil cooler. The same things they put on the Crown Vic Police Interceptors.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sprayedgt

Sprayedgt, what part <u>specifically</u> do you think is a contradiction?</end quote></div>

The Crown Vic isn't the only police vehicle Ford makes but it IS the only inteceptor they make, just like I said.

I'm not stupid, and I never said they didn't make other cars as interceptors.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

I don't think I could get more specific than that bud. I guess it only showed up on other peoples monitor and not yours.</end quote></div>

You still didn't tell me which part you're talking about. Is every word a contradiction, or every sentence? Is it too hard for you to explain it?

Ford has made a lot of interceptors and other police cars in the last 80 years, but the Crown Vic is the only interceptor they make. Where's the contradiction?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Moto Psycho

This is hard to follow. When I re-read the posts it looks like it's a police interceptor engine, then it's not, then it is again. What size engine is it? There's more than one engine option in Ford trucks so it can't be the same as all the others.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Wow!! OK let me put it out there one last time....If you first say "The Crown Vic isn't the only police vehicle Ford makes but it IS the only interceptor they make, just like I said.
And then say, now read this carefully because here comes the contradiction, "I'm not stupid, and I never said they didn't make other cars as interceptors" I don't understand what you don't understand. 99.99% of people reading those two statements would say yes in fact that is a contradiction. I have no idea what state you live in but where I live we have Crown Vic's, Grand Marquis, Mustang's, and a few Expeditions rolling around with the highway patrol as interceptors.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I know there are different sizes. It has the 5.4 V8. It is not a police car, it is not the motor from one. It just uses some of the same kind of stuff as the actual police car. Like the extra oil cooler, different programming, stiffer suspension, and the drive shaft. That is where they get the Police Interceptor Package. As for the leather and sliding window and the infinity light system(interior thing just for looks) that is part of the Conversion Package. Both of them together was a package that he bought. He very well may have been ripped off but in stock form it had better handling and better acceleration than the stock 5.4. Same top speed but it gets there a lot quicker.

I tried to explain it as clear as possible.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: sprayedgt

Wow!! OK let me put it out there one last time....If you first say "The Crown Vic isn't the only police vehicle Ford makes but it IS the only interceptor they make, just like I said.

And then say, now read this carefully because here comes the contradiction, "I'm not stupid, and I never said they didn't make other cars as interceptors" I don't understand what you don't understand. 99.99% of people reading those two statements would say yes in fact that is a contradiction. I have no idea what state you live in but where I live we have Crown Vic's, Grand Marquis, Mustang's, and a few Expeditions rolling around with the highway patrol as interceptors.</end quote></div>

Made and make are 2 different words with 2 different meanings. Make means now in the present. Made means back in the past. That must be the part that you're misunderstanding and think it's a contradiction when it's not. I never said they DIDN'T make other interceptors, I said they DON'T make other interceptors. As I already said, on Ford's website they say the Crown Vic is the only interceptor they make. Check it yourself if you don't believe me. Cars may be interceptors, or may not, depending on how they're set up, but vans and SUVs aren't.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Stoopidbot

I know there are different sizes. It has the 5.4 V8. It is not a police car, it is not the motor from one. It just uses some of the same kind of stuff as the actual police car. Like the extra oil cooler, different programming, stiffer suspension, and the drive shaft. That is where they get the Police Interceptor Package. As for the leather and sliding window and the infinity light system(interior thing just for looks) that is part of the Conversion Package. Both of them together was a package that he bought. He very well may have been ripped off but in stock form it had better handling and better acceleration than the stock 5.4. Same top speed but it gets there a lot quicker.

I tried to explain it as clear as possible.</end quote></div>

Sometimes when I'm up 2-3 days straight I'm a lttle slow and maybe I misunderstood you. But when you said "my F150 with the police interceptor" I thought you meant you had a real interceptor engine, not just an engine with some of the same parts. That was how it sounded to me, but now I get it. I know the rest of the truck was just a conversion that someone pimped out.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

OK, So we are on the same page. It is not a Police car, it's a package. I worded it wrong and you read it wrong. It's all good.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Shapeshifter Rider

The police intercepter is a 4.6 not a 5.4,the 5.4 is the 351ci. engine.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: scrambler400enoge

The police intercepter is a 4.6 not a 5.4,the 5.4 is the 351ci. engine.</end quote></div>

Actually the 5.4 is a modular motor and is 330ci. The 351 you're referring is a 5.8 liter displacement push rod motor.

And jumbofrank, whether or not the car or truck was made at the Ford factory means nothing. The cars are fitted with the parts they need to be considered an Interceptor usually by an after market builder. This statement is taken straight from Popular Mechanics website from an article published in the April 2000 issue:

"Assembly plants that manufacture police cars are more secure than Area 51. It's an undercover operation. The cars are built by hand. And only the highest-ranking members of the United Auto Workers with top security clearance are allowed to spin the wrenches. You need a retinal scan just to enter these plants."

Do you really think that these cars go down the same assembly line as any other run of the mill production Crown Vic? No!! It takes on average 4 months from the time a police car is ordered until it gets delivered. The reason being...It's hand build. So all in all ANY car or truck that a police department sees a need for as an Interceptor will be custom made for them by hand.

Quick Reply: 6 ply vrs. 2 ply tires.?