Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Best Trail Tires for 2011 King Quad 750

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Trail Tires for 2011 King Quad 750

What would be the best trail tires for a 2011 King Quad 750? I have been thinking about ITP Mud Lite AT's but not sure if that's the best way to go... I would be looking to ride mostly trail and the occasional pavement to get to the trails... Want something that will hold up semi well on harder surfaces.

No Deep mud but will be used in the snow in the winter.

How will the ITP tires hold up? will they be decent in the snow? and will I see a large improvement over stock?

Should I stick with stock size or go up at all?

Thank You,

Old 02-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by skidooosl
What would be the best trail tires for a 2011 King Quad 750? I have been thinking about ITP Mud Lite AT's but not sure if that's the best way to go... I would be looking to ride mostly trail and the occasional pavement to get to the trails... Want something that will hold up semi well on harder surfaces.

No Deep mud but will be used in the snow in the winter.

How will the ITP tires hold up? will they be decent in the snow? and will I see a large improvement over stock?

Should I stick with stock size or go up at all?

Thank You,
Firstly, congratulations on purchasing the best ATV ever made in the history of the world.

I put the 26" Bighorns on mine with new ITP wheels. The stock wheels are garbage because they dent very easily. The bighorns run oversize so the 26" size is actually closer to 27. I feel that the power loss is noticeable but I am still glad I went larger because the difference in ground clearance and ride quality is like night and day compared to the stock setup.

If I had to go back and do it again I'd get the same wheels but not the Bighorn tires. Bighorns perform admirably in every way except 1 in my opinion. The problem with Bighorns is that they tend to wander all over the trail at high speeds. I have experimented with all different tire pressures and 5psi seems best but the wandering issue is still there. I'd be likely to try the ITP Baja Cross next time.

Regardless of which tire you choose I think it's likely to make a big (positive) difference in the ride and handling of the machine.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I agree 100% the BH are a GREAT tire but if you want something less expensive and IMO just as good look at Duro Powergrip tires (See my sig for pic) Get them at rockymountainatv.com