Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

BFG Baja TA, best desert tires so far

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 09:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BFG Baja TA, best desert tires so far

If you ride typical western US terrain, which is dry and gravely, with limited traction, take a look at the BFG Baja TA tires. I've been four wheeling and exploring the west for 45 years, and have used countless different tires, but these Baja TA's have really impressed me. I have been using a set of 32x9.50R-15 Baja TA's mounted on KMC XD 15x6 beadlock wheels on my UTV for close to a year now. These are the best tracking, best handling tires I've ever used. They have none of the loose floaty feel common with ATV tires at high speed on gravel. Lateral grip is amazingly good. You can be driving around a gravel turn at high speed, and are certain the tires are going to break loose, but they don't. You are looking at the road, and it sure looks like loose tractionless gravel, but it feels like pavement, with no slip at all. It is so good it is almost uncanny feeling, and you find yourself constantly under driving the tires. They are capable of more than you expect them to be. After a year of use I have not had to add one single PSI to the tires, they are still exactly at the 10.0 psi I set them at when new. That is a far cry different that a lot of ATV tires, that need topped off each ride. Despite hitting lots of jagged rocks at speed, the tires have had no problems. They have been bulletproof for me. If I were buying new UTV tires again today I would buy the same exact ones.

Here is one after a thousand miles.