Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

CHENG SHIN DIRT DEVIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2001, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ever try these tires? I am lookin for a good huntin tire for my Big Red. How do they turn? Do they wear well? Are they good in snow, and in the woods? Any info would be app. Also what is a good front tire for the Red?

Thanks

Gary

Old 08-13-2001, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have the dirtdevils on the rear of my bayou. I haven't had any problems with mine. I have been on pavement, hard dirt, mud and tree trunks and I have not noticed any wear in them. The tires are 6 ply rated and self cleaning in mud as long as you don't get in real sticky grey clay mud but of course nothing else will shed grey clay. They make them in all sizes. I think the sizes above 25" come in the XT line which have thicker treads. They are the cheapest tire that I have found to be 6 ply rated. I have Titan Fast trekkers on the front for better steering. The Titans are 4 ply rated. I purchased my tires from Rockymountainatv as a package deal with douglas aluminum wheels. Make sure you get the steel chrome valve stems. A friend of mine had his rubber valve stem sheared off by a limb and was stranded in the woods with a flat tire.

Old 08-13-2001, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

A riding buddy of mine has dirt devils on the back of his 250sx. They do very good in the mud. No flats yet either. He really likes them.

Old 08-14-2001, 12:43 AM
Trailblazer

Has he had a chance to use men in snow? Also what is a good front tire for a big red?

Gary

Old 08-15-2001, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

They'll work better in the snow if you mount them backwards. It is a pain to switch them for the winter but what the heck.

Old 08-15-2001, 01:08 PM
BLH
Pro Rider

Why would they work better backwards? I got my DDs a few months ago, and I plow with my ATV in the winter. I'd like to hear why you turn them around. (to the topic, I love mine so far, I got the 27", I wish I would have gotten the 26", the 27"s are just a little to big)

Old 08-16-2001, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Mounted backwards, the tires pull the snow into the center compressing it giving you better traction instead of pushing the snow out to the side. I was told this last year by someone on here and tried it for what the hecks sake and it did make a little difference.

Old 08-16-2001, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

Couldn't you just switch tires from the right to the left and it would reverse the tire without havein to take em off and remount em. Now if your rims are centered and the same it should work without any problem. Just take the tire off and put em on the othe side will reverse direction.

Gary

Old 08-17-2001, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

My rims are offset so that isn't an option for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2001, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

Wait a minute. Are you sure it won't work? Even if they are offset they didn't make rims for the right or left side. I think unless you have something REAL special it would work. Almost impossible that it won't. Look, take a cap from a two liter soda bottle. Say its a rim and it's offset right? draw an arrow on the top just to show a rotation. Now turn it around with the "hole" end to the left. Note the direction. Now turn it around as though your puttin it on the other side of the ATV. See, it works and the rotation is different. It should work offset or not. Try it and let me know how you make out.

Gary

Quick Reply: CHENG SHIN DIRT DEVIL