Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

St. Anthony update

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Anthony update

my frineds just got bakc this lat wkend and they told me it was rainy on and off wet and hard to even climb Thunder. Any word on the new camp at Egin yet?? I have a group ride in a week up there and a few want to know if ther is suitalbe camping there yet? Tina ........

Old 07-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

Just got home last night from there. The Egin camp is supposed to be open today. Looked done to me, they just need to take the fence down. It rained real hard for maybe half an hour on Saturday. Sand conditions were beautiful after that, smooth and firm. Even Monday sand was still no too soft. Hot (90's) and dry now. Looks like you'll have good riding conditions as long as it's not TOO hot. But that's what the air conditioner's for on the camper roof, right?

Old 07-01-2003, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

BLMRANGER.....Is there or will there be a paticular website for the new campground to check for availability and contacts to reach people?

Thanks a million for the updates, all the people appreiciate it. -The chicn'

Old 07-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Just got home last night from there. The Egin camp is supposed to be open today. Looked done to me, they just need to take the fence down. It rained real hard for maybe half an hour on Saturday. Sand conditions were beautiful after that, smooth and firm. Even Monday sand was still no too soft. Hot (90's) and dry now. Looks like you'll have good riding conditions as long as it's not TOO hot. But that's what the air conditioner's for on the camper roof, right?
LOL. I have tried to talk to ole man into taking up his REFRIGERATED Semi for the trip!!!!! I dont think we could ramp the quads though is the only problem too high up and too tall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I could just see it........ 95 degrees everyone is hot and sweating and we have our coats on in the back of the trailer cause its so cold! Anyhow, Im glad to hear the grounds will be ready in time thats cool... Does the grounds looks nice?>? Any word on prices,and whats the facilites like? Thanks for all the info..............Tina

Old 07-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

The conditions are a gravel flat campground, and spaces appear to be pull-through and marked. The price is free, and will remain free if people use the donation box which I highly recommend. If you've been there before, now the campground does not go back into the trees due to a boundary dispute. But they made it longer, stretching out to the west further than it used to be. They have done a nice job out there and I hope people respect it and use the tip box enough that they don't need to go to alternatives. Any campfires need to be in a "ring" like a section of a barrel to contain the debris. Wish I was heading back this weekend, have fun!

Old 07-01-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
The conditions are a gravel flat campground, and spaces appear to be pull-through and marked. The price is free, and will remain free if people use the donation box which I highly recommend. If you've been there before, now the campground does not go back into the trees due to a boundary dispute. But they made it longer, stretching out to the west further than it used to be. They have done a nice job out there and I hope people respect it and use the tip box enough that they don't need to go to alternatives. Any campfires need to be in a "ring" like a section of a barrel to contain the debris. Wish I was heading back this weekend, have fun!
Ill be making my donation and Im sure the other riders will also......Thanks for the update!

Old 07-02-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

my wife spoke with one of the blm guys up there yesterday, I think his name was Bill. Anyhow, he told my wife they have 20 spots, like said above they are just gravel, no trees, no grass, no tables, no fire rings, just gravel. They are free like said above. They are back in spots from what he told my wife.

I guess next year they hope to add some tables and fire rings.

We will be staying at the desert oasis campground for this weekend.

Later
Bat

Old 07-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like on the 4th your gonna have really nice weather and a bit on the hotter side for the rest of the week.ITs better than rain and wind though...Have a great wk end and be safe!

Old 07-07-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

anyone have updates for this weeks sand conditions? I head up in 5 days.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] TIna

Old 07-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

It was good to meet you on the sand trial BLM ranger, and thanks again for the information on camping [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: St. Anthony update