Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

bought some used sand paddles, are they gonna work ok?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 03:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought some used sand paddles, are they gonna work ok?

hi everyone, i posted this in the bomb forums earlier this week and got only a couple responces and no real answers, the thing is i bought a set of used sand skate 2's from a guy for a good price and the thing is they're a bit worn, i don't think they're toast at all but the question is, will these work better for me on my 03' ds650 then the gheckos i was using? the gheckos are in good shape but in general suck for the ds, but will these used sand skate's work better then those anyways? any thought's at all? howbout people who have sand skates, and if you've had them for a while and they're worn do they still hook up enough to use on my ds?, thanks, joshiepoo.......

Old 10-02-2003, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

hey josh what didnt u like about the geckos? those are kendas right?

Old 10-02-2003, 07:12 PM
Range Rover

the gheckos i used, (oh yeah theyre the kendas), they worked ok, and probably will work fine for most quads but the heavier ds650 likes mainly haulers or extreem haulers or sand skate 2s, the gheckos work ok but there's no chance yer gonna be able to just gas it on an incline and take off, the actuall paddle is only 7" wide and the little side paddles dont do much imo. i used them for only a couple months and they perform ok as in i could go up like 75% of the hills my buddy could shoot up, his haulers he has on just kik a$$ on the ds, for any warrior or 400ex or smaller quad they'd probably work fine, so i'm gonna get rid of em, but does anybody want to share any information on how they're used set of sand skate 2s performed? just askin.......joshiepoo......oh and if anybody has any spare paddles they want to get rid of also pm me (haulers, skate2s etc...)

Old 10-02-2003, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have some for sale for 90$ plus shipping,ther are on black powdercoated rims, I actually think they are a good paddle,just not good for draggin..

Old 10-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Trailblazer

I posted a question in the bomb section and go nataaaaaaa answers a bud gave me some truf tamer abroginie looking paddles tires they are 20x11x10 and have 8 paddles and a center rib in the middle are these any good for my baja 650 and could i even get a rim to fit the tire and my quad or should i get rim and tire combo that is the stock size from what ive read from u guys this big tire may be good for my quad but dont want to spend $ on rims and have it suck ?? any help fellas ??

Old 10-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

i dont know about any turf tamer paddle tires, the ds as far i have heard tends to favor only a couple of paddle tires, they are either the 20 or 22" haulers, stock motor= 8 paddles, or the extreem haulers, or the sand skate 2's, those are the only tires i have heard work ok for the large ds650, i'm going to get the used set of sand skate2's swapped on my sand rims, i was using the geckos but they don't give any traction compared to a set of haulers, the DO work ok and u can get up most hills with them but a better paddle like a hauler or edge or s.s.2's are the only way to go from what i've seen, so i'm tryin them next week at dumont and if i dont like em then i'm just gonna buy a set of haulers in a month, blah blah blah, that all i know, i'll end up selling the gecko tires on ebay and the other rims i got the s.s.2's on later on ebay...lates everybody......josh...

Old 10-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

arent those tyhe new tires you see on the skat trac pages they have knobbys in the middle?

Old 10-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Trailblazer

they are made my Titan and called turf tamer and yes the do have knobbies in the middle and the size it 20x11x10 and i may having a bitch of a time locating a rim to fit my DS seemes like with the 4 on a 143 bolt pattern im screwed any ideas ? tell me what kinda rim i cant get away with if you have any ideas....... they are hand me downs but i dont think they have ever been used so id like to take advantage of them if i can
thanks

Old 10-06-2003, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

Turf tamers arent a paddle. It is however a common donor tire for paddles. The company that make em takes the turf tamer and buffs off the tread leaving a slick in the desired area and then attatches paddles. I think the ones you have are made by skat trak. It's easy to confuse this due to the original markings being left on the tires. Hopefully this info will help you out.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:17 AM
Trailblazer

yep i see the scat track on them now
now if i could just find some rims lol