Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Glammis for Halloween(PLEASE READ)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003 | 03:58 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Glammis for Halloween(PLEASE READ)

To everyone heading out to Glammis or there abouts. Because of the fire we are having here in San Diego alot of the higways are closed. Be sure to check road conditions before you head out. Also if the the highway is not closed now a slight change of wind direction could close it quick. I personally am going to wait till the fire is contained(expected mid nov).

Old 10-29-2003 | 04:07 PM
Range Rover

I don't think I'll have a problem coming from phoenix. Hope they get that fire put out soon.
Good luck!

Old 10-29-2003 | 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

That shouldn't matter coming from the Arizona side should it?

Old 10-29-2003 | 04:26 PM
|
Trailblazer

Everyone comming from AZ will not have a problem.

Old 10-29-2003 | 05:38 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

already thought about this. its a toss up and something you cant control, we will just have to wait and see.

Old 10-29-2003 | 07:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Another thing to keep in mind is the incredible amount of crap in the air right now from all the fires. You may want to check the air quality before committing or you might find yourself sucking from an oxygen bottle. I was going this weekend but I'm looking out my window and can't see more than a couple of miles due to smoke.....haven't seen the sun at all today....very unusual for where I live. I'm playing it safe and stay home :-( Good luck to all you who are still committed.

Old 10-29-2003 | 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

how far are u from the fire? on sunday it came within a few hundred yards of my house, then turned and decided to burn a chem. plant. my school was closed monday due to the smoke, and we r not allowed outside for more than 5 min between classes. my old middle school was within a hundred feet of the fire, and all the power lines to it were burned. the santa ana winds r done now, so i wouldn't worry too much about the fire shifting dirrection suddenly. good luck and be safe.

BTW:
bring some medical masks or somethin with u jus incase u end up needing to get out of ur car where it's really smokey.

Old 10-29-2003 | 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I live in Yucca Valley so I have not seen flames. But I have lots of friends and family that live or have homes in Arrowhead and Big Bear....they aren't sleeping too good tonight and neither am I. The Santa Ana's are done but the offshore winds have pushed a lot of smoke up our way and are threatening the Big Bear area....didn't see the sun all day. The winds are churning bad where I am now so it's not a good sign for the Big Bear area. I live adjacent to the Joshua Tree National Park. If my area ever goes up I'm in bad shape because my 2-acres are surronded by dry brush. Let's hope and pray that this thing gets contained.

Old 10-29-2003 | 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

ya, hopefully the firefighters up there r actually doing something. a chemical plant a1/4 mile from my neighborhood caught fire and after it had burned for about 10 min. and blew up a big rig full of chlorine only 1 fire truck showed up. iwas mad, there was chlorine gass in the air and they were on the verge of evacuating us, but the winds shifted, thank god.