Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Be aware of which areas are open and which areas are closed. The BLM will have many people there presidents day weekend. There is a possibility that the BLM may start the fee program at Dumont Dunes on president's day weekend 2004. Keep checking their web page at www.ca.blm.gov/barstow.
Ride safe and don't be a fly out.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

For all of you first timers, dont forget that all important flag on your quad. Also, we here in Barstow have friends at the BLM who give us the skinny on new rules. We have been told that golf carts are going to be ticketed if they do not have a green sticker. Supposedly, a golf cart does not need a green sticker if it is less than 1 mile from a golf course. Since there are no golf courses at Dumont, BLM has said they will ticket. Just a word out to the people. I will be there Presidents weekend. The only thing I have that stands out is my sandrail. It is a 2 seat red and white mid engine manx car. Basically a small rail with a fiberglass body on it. If they guy who smoked me MLK weekend from Vegas, on his YFZ reads these forums, Im commin for your hillbilly coverall wearin butt!! HaHa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

99tjrockcrawler

We will be out there with two 700's one piped and one piped with a 785 kit. Come on over and say hello. Mine is green and I wear a red Arai helmet. Later

Ken

Old 01-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: cruddymutt
For all of you first timers, dont forget that all important flag on your quad. Also, we here in Barstow have friends at the BLM who give us the skinny on new rules. We have been told that golf carts are going to be ticketed if they do not have a green sticker. Supposedly, a golf cart does not need a green sticker if it is less than 1 mile from a golf course. Since there are no golf courses at Dumont, BLM has said they will ticket. Just a word out to the people. I will be there Presidents weekend. The only thing I have that stands out is my sandrail. It is a 2 seat red and white mid engine manx car. Basically a small rail with a fiberglass body on it. If they guy who smoked me MLK weekend from Vegas, on his YFZ reads these forums, Im commin for your hillbilly coverall wearin butt!! HaHa[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LMAO.... man I love those coveralls. It really does **** "yall" off when a pair of carharts go by yall huh? Really though, I think those are the best things I've ever brought to the dunes byside my 450 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did I beat you? Bad? lol. It's All in fun I really don't care if I win or lose (well alittle) I just love drag racing. It's official today though folks, the coveralls will be arriving about 6pm sunday and they will be accepting all challenges untill late monday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I hope alot of ppl will still be down there I just started a new job today and they aren't to up to the idea of giving a holiday weekend off. Hope to run into everybody.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: DesertSportsman
99tjrockcrawler

We will be out there with two 700's one piped and one piped with a 785 kit. Come on over and say hello. Mine is green and I wear a red Arai helmet. Later

Ken
What area do you park at and do you mind if I stop by if I can find you?

Old 02-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Undertow, I was the one with 2004 Banshee. I was with two z-400s. A white one and a yellow one. We left Monday and you came over on your dads Raptor. We had that 1984 Dodge Ram pickup with the cool blue stripes rollin down the side.

Old 02-01-2004, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 99tjrockcrawler
Originally posted by: DesertSportsman
99tjrockcrawler

Ken
What area do you park at and do you mind if I stop by if I can find you?
99tjrockcrawler

We stay out to the west of the dunes just north of where the rangers set up their station. In other words just after coming up on to the flats where you can see the dunes, turn left and about a quarter of a mile north. That tends to keep the he11raisers from hanging in our area. Our group consists of a Raptor, YZ-450, 2-Z-400's, 400ex and some 250ex's and a z-250 and of course the 700's. My truck is a deep blue Ford Supercrew 4x4 diesel and my hauler is a 25' Wanderer Wagon. Look me up, we should arrive Friday night early or Saturday morning early. How about you guys, where you going to park?

Old 02-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: cruddymutt
Hey Undertow, I was the one with 2004 Banshee. I was with two z-400s. A white one and a yellow one. We left Monday and you came over on your dads Raptor. We had that 1984 Dodge Ram pickup with the cool blue stripes rollin down the side.

oh ok, I thought you guys said you were from vegas? Hell I was worried I had some compitition coming [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] oh well [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I don't think you ever did thank me for breaking the banshee in for ya, well 4 stroke wise, lol. just messin. You guys still gonna be down there sunday night? Your not the first person I've run into on the internet ragging on the coveralls.. You find a pair that fit yet? anyways hope to run into "yall" down there.

Old 02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

We are comming in Friday night and leavin Monday night. Not sure how many are commin with us. We got a pretty fast Banshee that might come. He'll definatly give a run for the hill. My Banshee has been cryin in the garage since we got back. Them 2 guys I was with told everyone we knew the night we got back how you beat me. It just made me look mortal in front of them.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Undertow
Your not the first person I've run into on the internet ragging on the coveralls.. You find a pair that fit yet? anyways hope
to run into "yall" down there.
And you're not the first guy to wear 'em... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] selector +4" swinger on a blue YFZ? We met on New Years.

Quick Reply: Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions