Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 02:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions

[/quote]
And you're not the first guy to wear 'em... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] selector +4" swinger on a blue YFZ? We met on New Years.[/quote]

Whoa... hold on there buddy, your's aren't carhart brown and make you look like a redneck.... and if I remember right you put your's on the next day and even maybe commented about not being embaresed to wear yours after seeing me with them on... but then again I could give one sh%t, just filling space. Yeah I remember you.... there are two yfz's that have beat me and you think I'd forget? not a chance pal....lol. You gonna be around presidents? You make that drive home ok? you looked alittle hammered out from riding and I remember you saying something about a 8 hour drive. You should come down and help fight off those annoying two strokes... arent' they outlawed yet? damn, something should be done about that soon. just jokes guys, that tends to affend ppl sometimes so I thought I'd better throw a disclaimer in here.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: cruddymutt
We are comming in Friday night and leavin Monday night. Not sure how many are commin with us. We got a pretty fast Banshee that might come. He'll definatly give a run for the hill. My Banshee has been cryin in the garage since we got back. Them 2 guys I was with told everyone we knew the night we got back how you beat me. It just made me look mortal in front of them.
lol, did you remind them how much further back they are from you? I'll probably run into you guys sunday night or monday then, I'm kinda in my own little world out there so if you see me sitting come say hello, I'll be the redneck in coveralls. My baby has been sitting in the garage cussing me since I got back, haven't washed her or anything, she's just been sitting there spitting out all the reeds she ended up swallowing over new years. Oh I need to stop...

Old 02-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

We stay out to the west of the dunes just north of where the rangers set up their station. In other words just after coming up on to the flats where you can see the dunes, turn left and about a quarter of a mile north. That tends to keep the he11raisers from hanging in our area. Our group consists of a Raptor, YZ-450, 2-Z-400's, 400ex and some 250ex's and a z-250 and of course the 700's. My truck is a deep blue Ford Supercrew 4x4 diesel and my hauler is a 25' Wanderer Wagon. Look me up, we should arrive Friday night early or Saturday morning early. How about you guys, where you going to park?
We usually park just to the right after coming up the hill by what we call cell phone hill ( little hill by itself, this is where we have always parked for the past 3 years). But this time we have some different friends we are going to camp with in a new area for us. Turn left after vendors and go about 1/2 mile to Bathroom #5.

I will have an old class C motor home (Holiday Rambler) 24' with an orange 700 and a KX500. There will also be a white dodge pickup with a banshee and raptor, blue lifted dodge pickup with a honda 450 bike. Our new friends will have a new rental motor home with a honda trike(250r i think) with a kx500 motor in it, a lifted and modified jeep cherokee, and thier friends will have some kinda motor home with a huge trailer with like 8 quads on it.

I can't wait to see your quad run. Really interested how much faster it is than my stock one. Will yours beat a raptor or banshee that have been worked a little? Just curious.

Old 02-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Stock Raptors and Banshees are no problem. Raptors with some pipe and jetting mods are a good race with some won and some lost. Banshees, well you know the story... The 700 is a beast out of the hole but then it hits its well known "flat spot". If races are kept short enough, as they should be, its hard to beat. I am curious to see how my buds 700 with the 785 kit, port and polish and new 24' extremes on special Douglas 11" wheels runs with the big bore Raptors and such. It should be one hell of fast out of the hole bike. We'll see this weekend at Amargossa against mine. Anyway, sorry for rambling I gotta run.....later

ken

Old 02-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looks like BLM will be charging a $20 fee at Dumont starting president's day weekend. Have cash ready, just in case. The line will probably be long for checks and credit cards.

Old 02-06-2004, 12:48 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here is the official notice. http://www.ca.blm.gov/news/2004/02/n...unes_fees.html
If paying by check or credit card have your driver's license ready. Save $2 by ordering in advance.

Old 02-07-2004, 01:28 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Polariscat, do you know if that fee is going to be for the "little dunes" out by the highway also? I just may camp there with some buddies and ride in to the dunes instead.......

Old 02-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I haven't rode out there, just driven by on my way to Tecopa. They will be set up on the road into Dumont with a line for cash and a seperate line for credit card. It's $20 for the weekend. Call the BLM front desk 760-252-6000 Monday 0745 - 1630 and John should be able to answer your specific questions.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey I just wanted to thasnk everyone for there help in this thread. I leave for Dumont this Thursday and can't wait to get there.
Hope to see some of you guys there. We'll be in a Titan Tot Hauler. We'll have a warrior, YFZ 450, Predator and blaster. Look for us. All the Yamaha's are blue and the preadtor is grey. Come by for a beer.
Have a great weekend.

Old 02-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

You should feel very safe there this weekend. The BLM will have about 40 people there with the Sheriff's office adding about a dozen more. Mercy Air will also be on hand.
Ride safe, don't be a fly out.

Quick Reply: Dumont Dunes on Presidents day questions