Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

silver lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004 | 05:51 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

We were there on sunday. The sand was hard packed in spots, and tire dragging soft in others.
I havent been since august but it seems like different dunes. The tops are tabletop flat with
sheer drops to the south. Be careful your first time around lots of suprises. Cant wait to get back![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2004 | 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
We were there on sunday. The sand was hard packed in spots, and tire dragging soft in others.
I havent been since august but it seems like different dunes. The tops are tabletop flat with
sheer drops to the south. Be careful your first time around lots of suprises. Cant wait to get back![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Yo, I just got back a little bit ago, yes the dunes are WAY different than last year, NO razorbacks off the big hills, but lots of steep drop offs. Saturday was crazy, Rain snow wind the whole works! Sunday was cold but dry and windy, today was the best day, but there was nobody out there, me and a hand full of people.

The dragstrip was smooth, but way to wet, TO MUCH traction, couldn't keep the front end down..no dragging by the beach, to sloppy.

I have never seen so many ambulance calls, 1 guy died this weekend, dirtbike VS truck, guess who won, that dirtbike was messed up.

The sand was wet in spots, and super soft in spots, makes it more of a challange.

ROOST Take a nice slow run around the place before you start hammering, get to know all the drop offs, some you can launch off of some~~~well I wouldn't,, ofcourse the sand may change by the weekend.

Just check the forecast, bring layers, I was sweating Sunday aft noon because I was dressed TO warm..

Derek, I heard someone in your group got like 50 stiches in the head, I hope it wasn't you, I didn't see you there sunday.

Old 04-06-2004 | 01:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Just thought I would let you all know about the motorcyclist who was killed on the dunes this weekend.

Apparently he cut acrossed the drag area at the beach and was hit by a blazer. EMS pronounced him dead on the spot.

That was the first death of the year, on the first weekend. Usually its farther in the summer before the first casualty. Be careful out there.

Old 04-06-2004 | 05:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Some one asked earlier of a good Party camp site. I would say Silver City II is the best for that. Gets pretty rough sometimes.

I will be going up May 20-23. Should be pretty decent then.

One weekend that I will not be there is Memorial day weekend. It gets way to crazy with to many idiots running around going the wrong way up and over hills, crossing them diagnally, and just being careless as hell. Guaranteed at least one airvac that weekend with many injurys...

Old 04-06-2004 | 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

I was told that silver city 2 was sold and wont be open this year.

I was there sunday, had a good time. The dunes changed a lot since last year, test hill is small in the center.

I realize now by looking at his pic that I raced bigwaynester, that DS gets it.

atvaddict01, were you there with 2 bikes? Was your DS was on a small trailer? If so I was parked next to you with the snowmobile trailer behind the green chevy.

Old 04-06-2004 | 10:42 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Yes that was me. I was with the crazy dude with skis on the banshee,and a cr250.
He ended up braking the bolt that held the skis flat and flipping his quad. He was
fine but had to buy a new flag. That banshee has been beaten and it starts always.
I had a blast cant wait till i go up again.

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
Yes that was me. I was with the crazy dude with skis on the banshee,and a cr250.
He ended up braking the bolt that held the skis flat and flipping his quad. He was
fine but had to buy a new flag. That banshee has been beaten and it starts always.
I had a blast cant wait till i go up again.

I wanted to get a pic of that banshee with the skis, but my batteries were dead in my camera. monday there was smoother sand, he would of had a better time.

It was nice meeting ATVaddict01 and AVNXTEK,, it gets boring riding by myself.

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

witti, did you have a hard time getting a good holeshot, or was it just me ? I did flip it on end once....I don't always put my "Sand Trim" on unless I am going to be up there for more than 1 day.

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

fees , decible checks,crowds,lines,designated areas,deaths, I guess Ill drive the extra miles to st anthonies and little sahara.

Old 04-06-2004 | 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default silver lake

ya it was pretty depressing hearing about a death the first weekend.....
was it an accident, or was the guy just being an ***? Its not like its Hard to tell when people are dragging... especially when you have a full size vehicle involved.... did he try to cut across or what?

we leave friday to go up for 3 days....of course as usual im having last minute problems [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] damn battery and jetting!

Quick Reply: silver lake