Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Choke Cherry vs. Olds

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 12:28 AM
MTX
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke Cherry vs. Olds

choke cherry is steeper and longer than olds, comp @ dumont is steeper, also the hill @ ls,utah and hill at sand mtn,nv is also bigger.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe the bike shop guy just had a brain fart, he seems to know his stuff usually.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people get hyped on glamis just because so many people go there. its a HUGE riding area ( i believe its about 30-40 miles long of dunes) but even that is mostly closed. there is some good size stuff at glamis if you know where to look but it doesnt comare to places like dumont and st anthony for consistant size but its big enough to not feel like you're duning around on nothing.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:13 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Another thing to think about at Choke is the elevation. That is a huge hill if it was at sea level, its a bear to climb it at 4500 feet.
Us high elevation guys (4500 feet and up) have lots to look forward to coming down to Glasmis / Dumont elevations, where you low landers have to suffer to come to our heights. I cannot wait to see what the drop inelevation does. I will be at Olds next week, and I go to Choke alot, so I will have a good comparison after that.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Another thing to think about at Choke is the elevation. That is a huge hill if it was at sea level, its a bear to climb it at 4500 feet.
Us high elevation guys (4500 feet and up) have lots to look forward to coming down to Glasmis / Dumont elevations, where you low landers have to suffer to come to our heights. I cannot wait to see what the drop inelevation does. I will be at Olds next week, and I go to Choke alot, so I will have a good comparison after that.
I'll be anxiously awaiting your comparison. We are considering a trip to Glamis over spring break, as our last-year Little Sahara idea was snowed out.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

You guys in Utah got it made pick a direction and go. st anthony north, Oregon dunes west, southwest california. We are really far away from most of the dunes. Oh well sand lk oregon is only 3.5 hours so thats usually good enough for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I cannot agree with you more quadduck.
I am:
110 miles from Little Saraha Utah
250 miles from St. Anthony
280 miles from Sand Hollow and Coral Pink
500 Miles from Dumont
700 miles from Glamis
1000+ (?) to Oregon (next years trip for SURE)

Old 01-07-2005, 04:12 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

KGB, i hate to the bairrer(sp?) of bad news, but the weather isnt looking too hot in glamis. this is our rainy and windy season and its still pretty wet from rains of new years week. there is a HUGE storm that just got here today and has reached glamis already with plenty of winds and rain. this will persist throughout the week and the conditions of the sand will not be good.

i wish i had better news for you. olds is so beat right now, there is whoops in some areas of the hill all the way to the top. hopefully you get lucky and the worst thing is just wet sand and no wind.

this year has been a bad year for us. heavy rains and big heavy long travel buggies (A LOT!) =big ruts everywhere.

Old 01-07-2005, 04:14 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

then again i think i remember seeing your bike in the sand and snow around so i doubt itll scare you. lol

Old 01-07-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

This time of year in oregon I love the saturated sand but you guys down in Cally don't get a lot of rain so I bet its a mess. Or are you guys just scared of a little sand? LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Choke Cherry vs. Olds