Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Choke Cherry vs. Olds

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choke Cherry vs. Olds

Originally posted by: HA2
Originally posted by: quadduck
Thats the ticket you got to keep it quiet or those californians start to migrate.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
never happen. lol
Yeah, cuz they're movin' up here.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey KGB. Some friends and myself were thinking of making a trip to Sand Mountain this summer and was wondering what the temps were like? We usually go to Glamis during spring break but thought about making a change and going during June to Utah. Do you think it would be too hot? I know it's cooler there than Glamis during June. Thanks.

Old 01-08-2005, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think devils dune is steeper than choke cherry too, but devils dune you can hit wide open in 5th and choke cherry you have to cut through the willows to get a decent run.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Canadian and Proud of it !!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been too both. Was at Olds for the four stroke wars last year and have been to St. A's about 6 times. Choke Cherry is way steeper and a much harder hill to climb then Olds. I could ride my friend Z400 up Olds in reverse.
Plan the trip, Spend the Money and come to St. A's - you will not be disappointed

Old 01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well said. The Face of Utah's Sand Mtn is the steepest and highest combo in the US.. The Valley is the highest and longest in the US... Olds is small in comparison.. CCH will let a bad start be overcome if the quads aren't perfectly evenly matched.. If you get a bad start at Olds your done for the most part. Utahs starts don't matter unless the quads are ever so close in performance. The faster quad will always have enough time and distance to reel in a slightly slower quad.. I have many vids on dunereview.. Check em out..

Old 01-08-2005, 02:02 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Dunaholic,
It can be 90's that time of year, we usually make our last trips before fall, right in June. June is St. Anthony time! Its only 250 more miles north.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:02 PM
MTX
Pro Rider

Vegas is like in the middle,

Dumont,CA 1hr30mins
Coral Pink, UT 3hrs
Sand Mtn, NV 7hrs
Pismo 6hrs
LS, UT 5hrs
Glamis,CA 6hrs
Saint Anthoneys, 12hrs (i think, would like to make it up their once.)

Old 01-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure you've been to Dumont... Take all of Dumonts biggest dunes and times them by a 100, now you have Saint Anthonys...

Old 01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: KGB
HA2,
thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it alot. I have ridden in the snow and its kind of fun. Just not my ideal conditions...lol
I have been watching the weather, and I was not too worried becasue I only had time for the festivities on Sunday. But now I have a bit more time to spare, so I was planing on some duning on Friday/Sat morning. I think unless its monson city I am coming. The wind blows though, and I hope it is not......
Thanks!q]

looks like the rain is letting up on tuesday, sand will be wet but what the hell. feel free to take as many californian's home with you to utah maybe if more leave the houseing market will drop.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-09-2005, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

got to get in with the Idaho and utah boys, our sand is way steeper/longer. But, and this is an important but, i would like to have the selection of tail you cali boys have!!! June is a little hot here, but we went to St.A the first week of June last year and when it quit raining it was perfect!!

Quick Reply: Choke Cherry vs. Olds