Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence

Beefy,
Where is your family moving to? Near the coast?

Old 01-16-2006, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

It really depends on whats avalible. Wether we want some land and a nice big house and a workshop or do we want a decent sized house with no land but right on the water. I want the first option but I guess the coastal ones would be better in the long run (higher resale price).

Oyeah we are looking at almost everything within 30 mins of Coos Bay

Old 01-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Winchester bay. Bigger climbs.Do that first then go north or south.
ride hard and have fun. But be ready for the 95 db level. It is no joke.
good luck.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

They are all great, and very fun to ride.... You'll enjoy all of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Winchester is a hoot, lots of steep tall dunes, it is fun to run around there going from hill to hill side hilling across the face. Been there on my utility and that was fun. But went to Dunefest last year with a Z400, WOW [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Do I love that place now. Won't go back without a Sportie [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Only downfall is that you cannot ride to the ocean here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But you can at Florence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Good Luck and again, you'll enjoy them all..

Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally posted by: nadafam
Winchester bay. Bigger climbs.Do that first then go north or south.
ride hard and have fun. But be ready for the 95 db level. It is no joke.
good luck.
db max in Oregon dunes is 93. They will give you a 2db leeway.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

I'm posting kinda late but...I rode with a hmf for 1.5 years at the dunes and went to all those places. Never even got stopped. I think i'm just lucky though. I bet my hmf was 102db or so. Now I got a sparks and thats a tad louder. You just have to know the place so you know where the cops hide. BTW-If you see that a cop might stop ya or you're approaching one and they will prolly sound check ya just... Head straight towards em and ask for a sound check. Dont matter how loud ya are. If ya ask, they cant give ya a ticket, they just tell ya that it would be smart to leave. You can keep riding after that but if ya get caught again you better be ready for a ticket. Just a lil advice for ya. It really works. I'm not saying to have a loud exhaust or anything. Just if ya have one then ya better be ready. If ya have any questions post here and i'll answer.

Old 02-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

You simply cannot go wrong at any of them...and, the fact that they're so close, allows you to check out all three with ease. In my personal opinion, the Oregon Dunes are perhaps the most beautiful, sceanic places you'll ever see. Bring a camera! If I had to choose on a weekend, I'd camp in Florence (Honeyman is the best campground on the entire Oregon Coast,) I'd ride Florence for a day - trailer to Winchester the next day. I generally stick to Winchester or Florence, just cause I'm familiar with both better than Coos Bay. I like the both equally. Enjoy.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

go with florence i got a cabin there and go every weekend and havent got board with it yet just keep finding new things

Old 05-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Originally posted by: drewy
go with florence i got a cabin there and go every weekend and havent got board with it yet just keep finding new things
How do "we" geta key to the cabin? I know I would like Florence, over the others, if you loaned me your cabin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: TractorPacker
Originally posted by: drewy
How do "we" geta key to the cabin? I know I would like Florence, over the others, if you loaned me your cabin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DID I HEAR PARTY AT DREWY'S CABIN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] SAWEEEET

Quick Reply: Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence