Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: TractorPacker
Originally posted by: drewy
go with florence i got a cabin there and go every weekend and havent got board with it yet just keep finding new things
How do "we" geta key to the cabin? I know I would like Florence, over the others, if you loaned me your cabin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DID I HEAR PARTY AT DREWY'S CABIN [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] SAWEEEET
I'm there!

Old 05-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Coos Bay offers alot of versatility from dunes to trails from diff places to park and ride to. Horsfall staging area to spinrell is a good ride with dunes and trail and sand rds.,about a 15 mi ride 1 way. You can also ride over to the beach and ride along the water, that offers a 10 mi ride from horsfall park and camp beach access up to tenmile creek. From there you can ride the sand road or trails over to spinreel about a 4 mi. ride. Coos Bay offers beach access and riding but not winchester or florence. Any place you choose to ride you will have an enjojable time, however i suggest a gps if you are not famaliar with the area that way you can always find you way back to where you park.Good luck.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:04 PM
rc3
Pro Rider

coos bay is my favorite, once you figure out how to make everything flow together, there is some good hill climbs, lots of trails, you can tie in from Horsfall staging , ride from there thru the open dunes and some trails, head to the bull run loop to the beach, ride the beach down a little bit move back in and ride down to spinreel and make the loop back, and you will have a great ride! Alot of people like Winchester, personally i think about a few hours to a day there and we are pretty much ready to go, just depends on your riding style, florence is good to once you figure it out!

Old 05-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Hello. I moved here last june. I live 10 mi s/e of town a little over 2 ac plus a shop that is 24x30 and a garage that is 24x36. the house is 1925 sq ft remodled. My taxes are about 1/3 of what i would pay for similiar in town, [06 outty 800]

Old 05-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Don't forget the ropeswing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

maxxedouty-Just to clarify Florence does have beach access and riding.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Personally, I'm of the same opinion as rc3. A lot of variety at Horsfall/Spinreel. Cat and mouse trails, big sweeps on the sides of BullRun, open mellow dunes if you want, a little more steep down Horsfall way, beach, sand roads complete with whoops, Coast Guard road. You can ride all day and not see/do all of it. Winchester has its own beauty, the hills are a little steeper, but seems very small. Can get from north border to south border in about 30 minutes without screaming. No beach access, but...the hills are steeper if that's your thing. Everybody has their own preference....I say it's ALL good! Heading over to Horsfall this Sunday for a day ride with a couple of friends, as a matter of fact.

Happy trails!

Old 06-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Range Rover

I'll be there from the 30th of June till July 5th. Camped in sand camp spot #124 right next to the day use area at Horsefall.

Look for the all red Banshee. If ya don't see me during the day the bike will be all-lit-up with red sik-lites under the plastics and 2 sik-lites on the whips at night.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Range Rover

Hey venomaxx,
Are those camp sites reservable?
How do you reserve them?
Are they in the sand, not on blacktop?

Appreciate any info you can help me with....thanks.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I asked the park attendant about rev's and was told they need to be made sometimes months in advance, remember this a vacation hotspot.

Quick Reply: Coos Bay, Winchester Bay or Florence