Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

by the way, nice LT in your photos. I love the gold rims. what year model is that? 86-87? great looking bike. I'm looking for a TRX250R for my next project. I've never had a qaud but I know that motor like the back of my hand. Let me know if anybody knows of one. thanks.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Preety good chance ill be there next weekend and every weekend after that for the year =p.. we live in andrews about 40 miles form kermit summer months we camp and spend the night, winter months we just go for the day.. i am hoping i can kick this flu for tomorrow hope the wind isnt to bad.. ill be in a 20 foot enclosed white trailer... silver yfz450(mine) and a orange kfx700(dads) we are both about 6'4 hard to miss =p... see yeah on the dunes!

Old 02-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Off topic.. but does anyone know if you can order/buy size 16-17 riding boots.. any brand really.. and best way to break them in?..... Yeah i got a big foot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Think might have seen you there before...We really pay attention to someone with a "classy" ride!! Heck, we might have had our hands over our hearts as you passed. Salute!
Our past at THE SANDHILLS goes way far back. Someone on behalf of KSI does not want our business so who knows if we stop or honk as we pass on by.
Might be able to hook you up with a project...so many in the litter! But...Sweetie is not in quad mode right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If I can get him building again we'll see which he keeps and which we put up for adoption. $10K in new parts sorted next to the projects they go on. (yea, lots of time and money...a passion, not a jump on and ride hobby) He was welding yesterday and told me NO when I asked if he would fix my flag mount. "Not working on quads right now." oooooooook [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
The 85 LT250R is my favorite baby, it fits just right. He was disgusted when I settled on that ride. "Geeze, you picked the biggest piece of junk I have!" A few bloody knuckles later he is proud of it too. 2 years he was talking what else he could do...tell him "No honey it is FINE, DON'T TOUCH IT!". I finally consented to let him put another seat on it. I fought him hard on the Paddle Tires (did not want them) He won that argument and glad he did. He rode the Dragin around camp last year and said "Yea, it is nice huh! It sure has a funny vibration though?" I said "Well duh! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If it shakes apart you can wrench on it then." He got me another wide LT250R and a long LT250R. We took them out rebuilt the last time we went to the sandhills. Kinda felt like I was cheatin on the Dragin so I did not form a bond with either yet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He got another LT500R and the Rubicon.
The kid decided she wanted HIS TRX250R so we sold her Blaster. He is the big Honda fan and loves the way they handle on rides. Sorry honey, I whip his Honda pretty bad on the track (why he needs another Zilla!) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Make a long story short...he will be replacing his Honda (Kids now) with another and we will see what he decides will be his new fav after the next time out. Lots of wrenching to do. The next time in the sand we should have a clue. Maybe I can get him hooked on yellow?? Will the Hondas make their debut at KSI or Mescalero or Pismo or Little Sahara.....................
Maybe leave the Paddles off and take them North East of Odessa. Scooter might want to see some "classics" too!
Guess we can pick a half way point between us on the way to Ardmore or St Jo (Muenster)...get you in the convoy. Scooter...got room for one more? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sampson...got air in the tires yet....TFF.
Ripper is having drama...will ask her later.
Keel, going to hook up in the convoy too? Hey Keel...ATC sounds like a cuttie and he is in your neighborhood...you single? Match maker Match maker make me a match....hum along.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

IF you have rode out there anytime in the past two years or so hard not to have seen us toal in the past two years no more then about 10 weekends missed riding... we go rain sleet snow or wind [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]... been out there a couple times get out at the back and the clouds tend to open up on yeah [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].. Ive seen a couple big groups with 250s 500s could have been you and your family. As soon as i find a open day ill post some pics of the bikes.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: KevinHarper06
Off topic.. but does anyone know if you can order/buy size 16-17 riding boots.. any brand really.. and best way to break them in?..... Yeah i got a big foot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
What width? Ankle or tall?
Look around town (shoe shops or leather shops) for Shoe Streach.
Think Wal-Mart carries it too...if you get to the big OD.

Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Tall.. 3-4 inch width size 16 to 17 biggest Golden had when we first brought our bikes was 14-15 dont know about midland yamaha etc

Old 02-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Dune Rider
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Originally posted by: KevinHarper06
Tall.. 3-4 inch width size 16 to 17 biggest Golden had when we first brought our bikes was 14-15 dont know about midland yamaha etc
Is that a DD E W or ZZZZZZZZZZ......lol.
Dang is like asking a woman to give up her bra size...no straight answer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

hard to find shoes let alone riding boots for anything over 14 or 15 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] been a long time since i actually brought a pair of shoes froma store [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] good ol catalog shoping

Old 02-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default KERMIT CHATTER

Nice talkign to your dragon.. But i am goign to go lay down and try to get better before tomorrow mornign cant miss the dunes! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER