Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

KERMIT CHATTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
Too true about the future forecasts for the weather there, however I personally have to have a serious debate, argument, knock down drag out, discussion with myself on whether or not to go riding if boogers are going to be freezing in my nose. So I'll stick to my origional assesment.....Looks a little cold to me!!!
Was skiing many years ago with a friend who had a beard. There were 4 of us altogether. It was really cold. Bearded guy and another buddy were on the chairlift just ahead of me and another buddy. All the sudden the non-bearded guy reached across and broke a frozen section of ice covered beard off the other guy. He didn't realize it til the cold air hit his skin. It's interesting watching people fight on a chairlift swinging back and forth.

Frozen boogers are half the fun! That and a thumb that feels like it's going to fall off. Mostly, I like winter riding when you can stop and just listen to silence. Nothing muffles sound like snow.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I remember delivering pizzas back home one winter. Had a mustache back then (without gray hair), long hair and it was about -5º. Cold enough my breath was freezing and leaving ice in the 'stache. Got to one house and the guy said the pizza felt cold. So I'm standing there, in about 5 inches of snow on his porch, hair frozen thinking of what I should say and what I should probably say.

It was a college student that I'd probably never see again in my life, so I went with my first instinct. Don't ever remember taking a pizza back to that house.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I learned my lesson last winter. I went riding on a nice cold day....in the 30's I think. I rode all my favorite spots that day, not paying attention to the time. Needless to say the sun set about 45 minutes before I got home. In that time my knees froze to the point I had a hard time getting off the wheeler. They were hurting all night, and were sore for the next 3 days. Since then I tend to procrastinate going riding when its cold. Need to get a nice pair of thermal coveralls.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe Santa can help me out there!!!!

Old 12-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeRider
I learned my lesson last winter. I went riding on a nice cold day....in the 30's I think. I rode all my favorite spots that day, not paying attention to the time. Needless to say the sun set about 45 minutes before I got home. In that time my knees froze to the point I had a hard time getting off the wheeler. They were hurting all night, and were sore for the next 3 days. Since then I tend to procrastinate going riding when its cold. Need to get a nice pair of thermal coveralls.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe Santa can help me out there!!!!
A couple things are helpful for cool weather riding. Those big mitt things that go over the grips, heated grips and thumb warmer, windshield, flannel lined jeans or a good snowmobile suit, and long underwear. The coldest I've ridden in was about 18 degrees and the snow was flying. I now have the grip warmers and the flannel lined jeans. If it's still too cold for me I'll think about some of the other things.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Dune Rider
Which one of you is Pink?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cold weather is not a major concern at the sandhills

Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bumpity.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Dune Rider

just in time for cold weaher

Old 11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Dune Rider

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
Bumpity.
Because you can

Old 11-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DuneDragin
Because you can

Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Dune Rider

Don't miss this new topic on STOLEN QUADS!!!
These quads could very well be around here.
The sheriff said theft is on the rise in Kermit and surrounding areas.
Did you have one stolen recently too? Post & be watchful please.

Quick Reply: KERMIT CHATTER