Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

First ride at Waynoka!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out at the dunes on 3/30 with some friends on mine. What a Blast! My quad was running terrible all day but luckily nothing blew up. We spent most of the time at either the drag strip or the truck doing some tinkering....I kind of wish I spent more time out in the dunes (The trails and the dunes are kick azz!).

Everything was great until a three wheeler came out of nowhere and slammed a few people on the drag strip though!!! So.....for all of you folks that don't no any better...and that includes me....if you see a whole bunch of people....slow down and figure out what those people are doing before going full bore through them!!!! We caught this act of stupidity on tape....there were about 10 people lined up on the line and they took off and made it to 5 gear before some guy on a three wheeler with a person on the back came flying through the drag strip! Luckily no one got seriously injured....just a couple of broken ribs and broken quads!

If you went this weekend let me know what you thought! Like I said....I wish I had my quad running better and was with some people that were interested in showing me around rather than hanging at the strip all day....but I had a blast anyways!

BTW... I was on a black and yellow banshee with T5's and sputtering alcohol. I just got the bike put together at Midnight on Friday after getting everything painted and we left at 2 in the morning. It was worth every minute though....that yellow and black combo was turning heads for sure!

Old 04-01-2002, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

We where there as well, it was a total blast! The big dunes where seriously PEAKED! but other than that it was a lot of fun. We spent tons of time on the drag strip as well. There was about 15 quads in our group including a raptor black&white plastics, orange frame, flames, and a nitrous bottle, and a bunch of banshees.

What did you think of the 300hp banshee?

Here is some of our pics and videos.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...mp;mode=invite

Old 04-01-2002, 01:02 PM
Trailblazer

Those were some cool pictures! We were only a few hundred feet from your campsite. (Just north across from the atv rentals). That 300 hp banshee was pretty kick azz....I can't wait to see my friends 160 hp banshee go up against it though! It was not as fast as I would figure.

How many days were you there? I was hoping that we could go riding on Sunday but my friends bike was having some major problems so we left. I have reservations for next week but I think we might just do a test and tune session at Grain Valley. I can't image how hectic it would be on rattlesnack weekend.....sounds like a recipe for disaster!

Where do you live at? Are you going to school at KU? I live just north of Kansas City.

Old 04-02-2002, 04:07 AM
Pro Rider

300 HP Shee?? What are you guys smoking?

Or better yet If there is a 300 HP Shee you would have to be on drugs to get on it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-02-2002, 09:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I live in overland park kansas, ever heard of KcTrends?

We will be @ grain valley this weekend, never raced out there so i'm sure it will be a learning expereince. Really want to ride some more trails this weekend but i'm sure nothing will compare after waynoka.

what time did you guys leave on saturday? or did you leave on sunday?

Old 04-02-2002, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Old 04-02-2002, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

We left on Sunday morning. We were up all night driving down there and by the time we got done riding on Saturday we were too tired to even think about going back. After that wreck I think everyone took off from our group. It was someone that I know as an aquantaince that got hit by the three wheeler. He should be ok, I think he has a couple of broken ribs. I was watching the video agian last night and noticed that the three wheeler didn't even stop until people chased him down. He was truley upset over the whole deal but he didn't stick around to give his information that is for sure!

Old 04-02-2002, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

We saw a pretty bad wreck on buttercup friday night "2am or so". Guy was riding up right when he got to the top a dune buggy jumped the back and landed on him. The guy turned out to be ok but was seriously shaken.

Old 04-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

WOW...a dune buggy landing on top of him! That is some pretty scary stuff! Did his quad get messed up? Another friend had a bolt fall off of his j-arm and it nose dived at the drag strip going about 50-60 miles per hour. He was very lucky to not get hurt on that deal because the quad hit his shoulder after he did a superman into the sand.

BTW....I found the KC Tends website....that is really cool! Do you work there?