Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

VIDEOS and PICS: Raptor vs DS650 in the Dunes

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case you guys don't visit the Bombardier forum, I thought I would post here about this semi-organized race in Rock Springs, WY sand dunes. It is Disturbed660 (Raptor) vs DemonDS (DS650) racing in the sand. Both machines are similarly modded; the usual bolt-ons. Just follow the link here:

DS650 vs Raptor: DemonDS vs Disturbed660 racing on the sand flats

DS650 vs Raptor: DemonDS vs Disturbed660 racing up the big hill

Here's the web page with the PICS and VIDEOS

Old 07-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Interesting how few page views this gets in the Sand Dunes forum.... Anyway.

BTW, everybody I have 4 more videos up from the weekend. They are on the same page as the other videos and pics at More Videos featuring DSaholic Jumping and his race with Disturbed

Old 07-19-2002, 11:13 PM
Range Rover

wyoduner...I got to tell you, I've really enjoyed your videos, as well as your website. I can recommend it to anyone, whether you are a novice or a pro.
Your website was a big factor in me getting started in duning.
Just wanted to say thanks for your time and trouble.
Hope to see you out there some time.

Old 07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

kodiakbob,

Just thought I would say hi from another wyoming rider.

I am down here in Rock Springs.

Where do you ride mostly?

I am a duner at heart and have been riding the local dunes here, st. anthony, and little sahara utah mainly.

Well, just thought I would say hi

Bat

Old 07-20-2002, 11:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey wyo. great pics i have a problem down loading videos but your pics are inspiring later.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Azsand, hmm.. What problem with the videos are you having? They require that you have Windows Media Player version 7 or later and the player might have to download the codec to play but it should work OK. I encoded the videos using Microsoft's version 8.0 Codec.

Old 07-21-2002, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

I use WMP version 6.4 with no problem but I also go to Windows update pretty regular so thats probably why it works, are you having problems with downloading or playing the vids?
I used to have problems with D/L vids, the D/L would bust at 80+% then I got Download Accelerator Plus (Free!) this program has a resume feature, if the D/L fails the program will reconnect and resume the D/L there's also Download Gorillia and a few others check Cnet for free program D/L's hope this helps

Old 07-21-2002, 03:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

it takes forever to down load and when and if i can get then downloaded they play in short burst a 2 second video can take up two two minutes to play i think im doing something wrong.

Old 07-22-2002, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I will be the forst to admit that my web host isn't too fast. They throttle the download speeds to around 300Kb/s and I encode at around 300 to 500 Kb/s so you can see how that would be an issue if you wanted to wath as they are downloading. Either way, regardless of the speed of my site you should be able to play them back at normal speed with no breaks after the download is finished. Also, you can save them to the hard drive then play back that may help....

Either way, thanks for checking my site and I hope you can get them working better.

DSjockey, you're right - I realized that versions before 7.0 of WMP will work. My NT workstation at work has version 6.X and it works OK....

Old 07-26-2002, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, what is the deal with Choke Cherry hill? Is it just incredibly steep or what? It doesn't appear all that big, but that could just be a perspective deal with the video. Are there a lot of non-riders there or what?

Quick Reply: VIDEOS and PICS: Raptor vs DS650 in the Dunes