Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Where to camp in Winchester Bay

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to camp in Winchester Bay

Me and my group will be at HorseFall that same weekend (11-13) of July We will be in spot 19,20,21,22. I to love to show off the Oregon dunes.

Old 02-01-2003, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good....I'll send you a message when it gets closer to July.

Old 02-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Right now we've got sites 55, 57, and 59. Hopefully we will add another one or two before July.

Old 02-04-2003, 05:36 PM
lbc
Range Rover

FYI: My husband and I were both sound checked in Coos Bay. It was a holiday weekend. We were both running LRD pipes and silencers on our TRX 250Rs at the time of the sound check. We both failed miserably. Following that we picked up some FMF powercore II silencers and have been told that these usually pass Oregon's limits.

Old 02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

Hey LDC
Did you get a ticket? I also run a LRD pipe and have not been chacked yet. I know it is way over 100 decibels. How much was the ticket? Did the FMF silencers help out? I take it you LRD silencer is like mine, a turn down tip and loud. Did the FMF affect your performance? I go to Oregon a couple of times a year and not on "Big" weekends just to avoid the Noise Cops. I ride with all the gear and try not to cause attention to myself but my LT500 is Loud.

Old 02-05-2003, 07:26 PM
lbc
Range Rover

Hey Tick, Yes we both got tickets. They were 75$ each. Our bikes seem to be a bit quieter with the FMF silencers, but we have not been caught so not for sure if they actually are[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Our tickets were dropped to 15$ with receipt of silencer changes. Our LRD silencers are exactly the same as yours. The FMF silencers do not seem to hinder performance. lbc

Old 02-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i've held off buying a pipe due to sound but since it is a $15 fix it ticket, i'm told send in apicture with a stock exhaust( did i just say that) taking mine now exhaust next week. they do check at winchester and florence. but they will let you ride with a ticket.

Old 02-12-2003, 02:09 PM
lbc
Range Rover

I am not sure that just taking a picture will work to get you out of a ticket. I was told that you had to have a reciept of some sort showing a change[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Who knows. I'll have to try the picture if I get caught agian. Leaving this Thursday night for Coos Bay[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't wait. Hope the weather is decent. It changes so quickly on the coast you never know what you will get except the dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Discovery Point or my personal fav and it's the cheapest....drive into the dunes.

Old 02-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

The very best placeto camp in march is Honeyman state park one of the largest, and you can ride your quad from your RV to the dunes on the pavement, and as soon as you get on the dunes you are at the COMPETITION HILL!
they have hot showers, but if only ONE SHOWER IS ON you get cold water, if you turn on TWO SHOWERS you get nice STEAMY WATER for as long as you need muscle therapy!
excellentest park. we are going end of March also, into first of april.

Quick Reply: Where to camp in Winchester Bay