Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

beer in the oregon dunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 10:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beer in the oregon dunes

it does fall to those that drink to do it the right way, but as mentioned people get out of hand. there are plenty of places to go in the local towns to have a drink,also. and there is still christmas valley i don't think they have that many rules yet. i think the sound is 99db there and no camp fees

Old 04-03-2003, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

I think the camping problem just comes down to not enough room...and it is only going to get worse most of the public owned campgrounds are going to all reservation despite what was just posted spinreel was the first and horsefall will be by next year
at least with a first come first serve basis everybody has a chance at a spot, this year i personally know that 12 spots were reserved for 13 days by the same group of people, that makes it hard to make a reservation if there are not going to be any spots to camp, at least with a first come first serve you could get a spot mid-week and have it through the wekend.. but the whole problem comes down to not enough space...as far as the drinking on the sand... I own as much or more of the sand than anybody else out there by being a local and spending more time than most anyone on the sand, i do not like giving up my rite to have a beer after a ride at my campfire with my buddies, And i don't have other issues

Old 04-03-2003, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

I talked with someone from the office in Reedsport. She told me that all the campgrounds are going to be reserve in the months between may and sept. Just what I heard

Old 04-04-2003, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

nordy that is correct!!

Old 04-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Range Rover

Wiz-1- Looks like we'll have to set up camp for Dunefest in Butch and Cindys front yard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Can we still have a beer there?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I also understand that a Sand Camping Reservation system will soon be in the works. No longer will we be able to spontantiously head to dunes on a Friday night....we will have to make reservations days in advance. The FS/State/County is probably just wanting money up front, but I wonder if the inititive is to limit the number of Sand Campers. I wonder if the system will per person, per vehicle or per tent/rv?

Old 04-04-2003, 05:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

it is getting bad since we all know you can never predict the weather on the coast for more than 10 minutes. well it is to bad all the rules are coming down, but in a lot of cases we make it easy for them.

Old 04-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Trailblazer

dunerash, if you don't have a beer or a beverage of that kind in your hand while you are there you must have a drinking problem...I am getting ready to order a new carb for the blender too a high zoot walboro make it run even better!!

Old 04-06-2003, 03:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

wizard maybe it will help the local town by getting people to stay in the motels and use the restraunts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] do you know if there are any plans for more parking?

Old 04-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer

sandman, as far as more parking?? there is alot of talk going around about more area but who know's what is going to happen next here. seems like the locals are the last to know and the ones that get influenced the most..if I hear anything new i will post on our new site in our forums..

Quick Reply: beer in the oregon dunes