Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

beer in the oregon dunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 01:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beer in the oregon dunes

i know this came up not long ago. well i went to florence for four days so sat we were out at comp and there was a large group watchin with there truck and cooler, all seemed good, well we raced well into the night and all seemed fine. well this morning(sun) take the family for the last ride of the trip and wow what do we see beer bottles all over where the guys were at, i'm sure the guys had fun but it was actions like this that make it were we all have to have these rules.

Old 03-31-2003, 01:18 PM
Range Rover

So did you and the family pick any up???? When ever my family goes my dad picks up alot of stuff every weekend we go I bet he gets a meduim garbage bag every weekend. The thing is that they are not all beer cans or bottles. Water bottles and pop can and bottles. I think every duner needs to try to pick up something. I carry a back pack I've picked up a 5th a wiskey one time that was sticking up in the sand. It was at florence on the flat strip just out side of the driftwood II. Just my thoughts on the subject that every person who dunes should try to pick up something at least everytime you go out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2003, 02:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

no i didn't , and feel that next time me and the family will make a run with a garbage bag and pick-up a load to help the cause, my point was people would like to drink in the dunes but they leave the mess.

Old 03-31-2003, 07:14 PM
Range Rover

I know what your saying. It just makes me sick to think that the dunes may close at one time becuase a few dumb a$$es don't really care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should just ship them over to Iraq

Old 03-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

i totally agree with Nordy. If everyone picked up what they saw and did their part then maybe we wouldnt have the strict rules at the oregon dunes. Im going to florence winchester and coos bay in 2 weeks and will pick up as much as i can. God i feel sorry for the people at moses lake dunes pickin trash up, that place is becoming an all out dump !

Old 04-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

I think it would be great if every one just tried to pick up trash for a 1/2 hour. If everyone did that then it would be a cleaner area. The only problem that picking up trash will do is in the summer when the law is in effect is will you get a ticket for having a trash bag with beer cans in it that you pick up on the dunes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll call the dune patrol tomorrow and see what they say.

Old 04-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider

i went to use the 'facilities yesterday and there was no TP. So I took the emergency roll out of my truck and left it. does that count? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2003, 02:03 AM
Range Rover

Good job you get a Gold Star for that one now just do something nice everytime you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2003, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

LOL yeah. i'm another one of those who always brings home more than he leaves with. talked with the ranger yesty, the back of his pickup was full of some clowns household garbage! the guy was so dumb he left stuff in there with his name on it! so the ranger was gonna pick up a sheriff's deputy and dump the stuff in the guy's front yard! ya! a non-rider of course...

Old 04-02-2003, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider

Oregon is having their Spring Beach cleanup (put on by SOLV) this weekend April 5th. A bunch of us from sandlakeduners.com will be cleaning up Sand Lake. The cleanup time is from 10am to 2pm. You can get garbarge bags at the check-in station in the east parking lot. The Forest Service is really looking for suggestions on how to eliminate trash and people using the sand as a restroom. Come down and join us!

Quick Reply: beer in the oregon dunes