Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

I agree w/ Wyoduner.. It's a tough hill for four strokes. I'd be surprised if any four stroke made it up w/ anything less then a straight blade..

Old 04-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Kingraptor, let's go for a Dune ride when we run into eachother so i can show you how terrible the worst sand tire runs,and i dont mean racing up comp..I honestley dont understand where you guy's are coming up with this is the worst sand tire...I sure would like some feed back on what you have experienced when riding the dunes that makes it so bad...I have beaten people up comp with the same mods as my bike and yes they have haulers or v paddles and it dont make a diffrence,yea and i know i could probabley make a few bike lengths with staright paddles but i like to shread the dunes and jump..and to me a win is a win...

One gecko owner who like his paddles,and for the people who hate them so much,maybe it's not the paddle but the rider>>>

Old 04-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

I couldn't of said it better Raptor03, I think the gecko's are a great tire and hold up very well. The sand at St. Anthony was really dry and nobody I was with made it up Choke. My buddies had a piped raptor with haulers and a piped predator with edges and none of us made it up. I weight less than them and made it about 20 feet from the top on the piped predator and about 40 feet from the top on the Raptor I guess somedays you just can't climb it. It was a strange weekend up there, when we got to Elgin lake on Saturday a guy launched of the side of a blown out dune on a DS650 and died. Some people tried to recesitate him but he never came to. It just goes to show you how careful you need to be out on the dunes. It was a very sad day....

Old 04-15-2003, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

News travels fast to Utah. I heard of that death yesterday and not from the internet.. A death will likely occur at Utah this Easter as it does most Easter weekends... Lifeflight flew over us Sat to the Sand Mtn area. I think it landed on the backside in the big bowls. Okay back to Choke Cherry.... Sorry..

Old 04-15-2003, 01:08 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Im not much on straight line draggin (yet)

I hope the geckos work for me

I just want a durable paddle tire that I can pull out, dust off, and use (when someone talks me into ridin in sand) for as little $$ as possible.

I still cant even believe I spent $$ on paddles,,,,,,,,,,I havent even gotten a good pair of 6-plys yet!!!!

Oh well

I f---ing hate Geico insurance (by tha way)

They would sell more geckos if they changed the name.

I think its safe to say that the demand for Gecko paddles is 'low'

Old 04-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are Geckos that cheap??? I do know they are heavy, and what not, but damn , they cool good!

Surely you Hauler guys are not saying a light paddle with 1 inch straight paddles gets better traction than a heavy(but cool looking) paddle with wierd broken up padles shapes, are you???

Ill tell you one reason a similarly equipped raptor with Haulers did worse that a Raptor with geckos. Being like many big bore owners out there, if they are buying paddles and decide on haulers, they inevitiably buy the 10 paddle Haulers, thinking they have the power to run them. You dont. So while the 10 paddle hauler is trying to move sand, the gecko is able to move sand a bit faster, IE it picks up wheel speed faster, which is what is important. Put a set of 8 paddle Haulers on that same Raptor and see what happens.

Hel Id go for some Sand Sharks before id do the Geckos. Sand Sharks are cheap and they hold up well, and they hook up pretty well as well..

Roostking...

Old 04-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

i climbed choke with sand sharks and a piped raptor,the sand was very dry then also.with gekos i dont think i would of made it.i tried a set at st. anthony last year and liked the v-paddels better,the gekos are great tires for just duning but i didnt like them for climbing.
like roostking said i think ill be running 8 paddle haulers with the 727
choke is not a easy hill when the sand is dry,on a piped rappy youll be lugging it in 2nd to the point you wont know if you will make it or not[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Trailblazer

Whatever tire you use, Im sure it will be better than stock. Keep that in mind. Many say that DG makes the worst exhaust known to man, but for somereason they are still in business selling them. For every bike part out there im sure you can find a part that is either better or worse than another. If the Geckos work for you and you like them go for it.

Old 04-22-2003, 08:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i run 22-11-10 eight paddle haulers on my 70 rwhp roostking banshee killer
AirRaptor,

We never raced. I threw my shoulder out of it socket that weekend, again, so i wasnt racing much. You may be able to run the 10 paddle with your built motor, but I still say you youd be fater with less paddle. Im going from a 10 to a 9 and we have similar power.

RoostKing...

Old 04-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Wow Roost! Lettin' them little old Raptors whip up on you now???

Doesn't instill much faith in that banshee!!

Quick Reply: Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????