Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

I am heading to St Anthony this weekend, and was wondering if anybody has made it up Choke with gecko's. I have a stock predator, and it seems to climb pretty well, but I haven't climbed any real big hills....Thanks.

Old 04-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

everyone will tell you no they suck and you cant make it up ,but let me get a try at it and i will make it up for sure,I doubt that the paddles will be the deciding factor of you making it up choke cherry,they will make some diffrence but not the majority..you can do it..

Old 04-08-2003, 09:48 PM
Range Rover

Let me just say if you make it up Choke Cherry with a Predator with Geckos I will be very suprised. You might though because the sand is so wet. Good luck, lol

Old 04-10-2003, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

You might get up Choke with the Gekos as long as you keep the pressure low.I have seen stock Rappy's make it with geekos on.Ihave a set of geekos on my wifes warrior and am impressed with the quality for the price.They are alittle stiff but thats ok cause there is less of a chance she will pop one from running over stuff she is not supposed to.I haven't put them on my rappy to see if I could climb choke.Maybe next trip.So if opinions are wanted there is my 2 cents.Go with what you like and can afford and have fun with it,thats all we are there for anyways.

LA-ter

Old 04-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

if a stock raptor can do it then i would say the predator will, but i would say think about other tires i bought hauler, as my first set, but got the wrong size, well it made it a littler easier to take knowing they would be easy to sell, geckos are good for kids because they are cheap and tuff, they don't know how to be easy on the pavement. but people that really like to have a performance machine, need more than geckos. my vote is for haulers.

Old 04-10-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Let me just say that the Geckos are some good "play" tires. But when it comes to big hill climbs, they suck. I bet there is a 5 to 10 mph difference (climbing hills) between the Geckos and Haulers on my 400EX. Sand Skate II's seem to do just about as good as the Haulers for me. You've got more power, but no matter what, those Geckos will leave you stranded on a steep hill sooner or later. No matter how low you go with pressure on the Geckos, they don't flatten out any. I weigh 225, and when I sit on the bike on pavement, you can't see a difference between 1 psi and 5 psi. I'm still wishing I would have spent the extra money and bought the Haulers my first time around. Now I'm gonna have a spare set of Geckos to take along in case I mess up my new tires.

Old 04-11-2003, 12:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

that is how i felt but at least i had the blaster tyo put them on.

Old 04-11-2003, 03:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

just got my geckos in the mail.

can any cutting take place on the paddles,,,,,to make them have a wider contact patch at high rpm.

In other words, can I flatten the blade out?

Old 04-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think you're going to make it unless the sand is wet and firm. Raptors with decent V paddles have a tough time when the sand is soft.

I've seen piped Banshee with Geckos get up but I doubt the Predator will do it. Try and let us know or bite the bullet and get some straight paddles like Haulers.

Old 04-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

I've never been there but if a stock raptor w/ geckos can make, I bet you can too. If you don't think you are going to make it, just turn around while you still have some speed then try again.

Let us know how you do!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????