Dunes and Dune Machines Discussion on dunes and dune machines.

Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gecko's + Choke Cherry =????

Originally posted by: raptorron
Glad to see you made it up choke cherry !!!! Quite a impressive hill !!! How did you like all those huge bowls ....Killer !!
The YFZ450 is the shizzle !!! We were at Florence a few weeks back and a stocker wacked me on my banshee bad !!
I have a white one on order should be here early August...hope to talk my wife into it....she just won't give up that 250R !!! Either way I think I will get one too !!!! Awesome machine !!!
That 450 is awesome!!! Not sure whats gonna become of those Aarms but power wise....its smokin!!! Those bowls are MASSIVE! I wish I would have got more pics of the bowls, but I didnt take out the camera the day at Deadhorse or devils dune.....Nexy year it Ore trip .Will be nice to ride in a cooler climate ... I used to live down that way and miss it a ton........

Old 07-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

In answering the question which hill at glamis would most compare to choke cherry, I would say if China wall was a 7 out of ten, then choke cherry is an 8.5 out of ten.
Devils dune is a 9.5 out of ten.

We were the guys o the YFZ450 that were out at St. Anthony with you, I think we did a drag with the predator and the honda if I remember? and the boys went up double?

We have a video of you guys going up the hill if you would like it, I could try and get it compressed enough to email it to you for memories of you making the hill.
We were quite impressed your honda 400 made the hill, it just kept on goin and goin and goin... and would not die.

send an email to daddogrider@yahoo.com if you want the video and I will then have an email to attach it to. THANKS. (Give us a week or so I will have to dig out the tape and everything.

Nice 400 I never saw another 400 ever make it before you guys did it.

the YFZ was stock with just airbox lid off and baffle out , since then we have rejetted and did the cam mod and we are heading back to do choke cherry and try and get one more gear up it. (MAYBE). The paddles we had were 21-12-8 extreme haulers (scat trax) and baldies on front to decrease drag.

SEE YA!

Old 07-25-2003, 02:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: daddogrider
In answering the question which hill at glamis would most compare to choke cherry, I would say if China wall was a 7 out of ten, then choke cherry is an 8.5 out of ten.

We were the guys o the YFZ450 that were out at St. Anthony with you, I think we did a drag with the predator and the honda if I remember? and the boys went up double?

We have a video of you guys going up the hill if you would like it, I could try and get it compressed enough to email it to you for memories of you making the hill.
We were quite impressed your honda 400 made the hill, it just kept on goin and goin and goin... and would not die.

send an email to daddogrider@yahoo.com if you want the video and I will then have an email to attach it to. THANKS. (Give us a week or so I will have to dig out the tape and everything.

the YFZ was stock with just airbox lid off and baffle out , since then we have rejetted and did the cam mod and we are heading back to do choke cherry and try and get one more gear up it. (MAYBE). The paddles we had were 21-12-8 extreme haulers (scat trax) and baldies on front to decrease drag.

SEE YA!
Yes, I do remember you guys .We all were very impressed with the 450.I wasnt sure if the baffle was out on your quad or not.How long were you all out thatwk end for? We saw a few of the 450's out there ,but you were the only ones I saw really going all out and tearing it up!!I would love a vid of that wk end Thanks for the offer to send it to me! .I was in total amazement that my Honda went up Choke with no motor mods,just my Yoshi.She may not be a power house, but she sure has got guts![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Im awaiting for the arrival of whatever Honda puts out then decide whether to do a 416 or a 426 by spring after my racing season is over. TIna

Old 07-25-2003, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: daddogrider

BTW.....Do you have a web site with your vids from other duning trips on it??????

SEE YA!

Old 07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Oh thanks! We were out there till monday and stayed at the same campground you were at but the other side. It was pretty warm there at 81 and we are going out this next week and it will be 92 !!! ten degrees warmer! We will have to ride from 5 am to 1 am then go to the camp and sit under the trees till evening jumping time!

We told the boys that we could go to SANDFEST in oregon instead, the temp is going to be 71 but they would rather go into the heat to get those massive dunes than the ocean! They said " But dad, there aren't any HILLS at Florence!"

I think St. Anthonies spoiled them for life. thats all they talk about or dream about is cruising those dunes, and they practice at home all the time.

I wanted to ask you this question, who was that awesome rider in your group that would go up the hill, and at the top FLIP 180 degrees in the air? And land facing downhill? What was he / she riding? That wasn't you was it? Whoever it was we missed it on the video and it was a cool move, I would like to shoot some videos of that one! if you ever go out there again when cooler let us know we could do some kind of gang run video or something like that, and you could try out the 450 if you like, but it sounds like you are Honda people! You must be sponsored? I hope the honda quad exactly equals the 450 then we will have lots of good drags and challenges for the next long while.

anyway, see you at the dunes sometimes.
P.S. we have discovered that the 450 was intentionally whimped down by yamaha, they moved the exhaust cam one full timing chain notch advance! so that the exhasut would escape before full HP is reached, we have increasd the power significantly since our last visit, so it should really burn the hills up. You ought to come to try it out. Let us know if you are in the area anytime. Where do you live?

Old 07-25-2003, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was about to ask you the sane Thing.We are from Boise Idaho.How about you all??????I would have loved to ahve went to DUnefest this year. I used to live on the Ore coast and miss it greatly.I too have hoooked on the BIG dunes at St. A's,but riding somewhree nice and cool for a wekk would be a nice change too. I am planning on heading to the coast next year and meet up with some of the group that came this year with us from Ore and Wash. and have another group ride.This years group turned out really great and everyone had a good time. I was wondering...The one your asking me about,the 100degree turn.........Im not sure,but Im guessing it was my Husband on his Predator,but not positive ? He was the one doing wheelies up Choke cherry,if that helps any.....We had a ton of us out there that wk ,but it sounds like something he would do.LOL.......... We are Honda fans, but my husband rides a Polaris and my kids ride Eton and Kasea,like all brands,they all have there pros and cons .Now for sponsors.......none as of yet...still working on it,I may have one major sponsor for my flattrack season,but its been very hard to come up with any.A video would be very cool,heydo you all race any?MX? I was just curious how the 450 does on the track.We had a guy during an MX race we hade here the week before the St.A's trip,bring out one but never ran it out on the track.

Old 07-26-2003, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

Hey Tina...I still have the video of your 400EX going up Choke Cherry, along with other footage of our weekend. If you e-mail me with instructions I can probably get the clip to you, unless you want me to send me the entire tape. You can copy it and send it back to me, if you have a Hi8 camcorder. I guess I could copy it on a VHS too.
Let me know. Later.

Old 07-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kodiakbob
Hey Tina...I still have the video of your 400EX going up Choke Cherry, along with other footage of our weekend. If you e-mail me with instructions I can probably get the clip to you, unless you want me to send me the entire tape. You can copy it and send it back to me, if you have a Hi8 camcorder. I guess I could copy it on a VHS too.
Let me know. Later.
Hi Bob...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That would be VERY cool!!! If ya send it to me on VHS, Ill send ya the $$ for the tape and shipping .Just let me know how much it was and Ill send ya a money order.... email me at tntkuna@msn.com and Ill enclose my address to send it to me.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]