Family ATVing Photos Post photos of yourself, family and friends on the trail.

Paiute Trail, Utah

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I basically follow the road (153) that comes out of Junction to Kent's Lake and then back and down to Puffer Lake and then back to Junction.

If that makes any sense at all.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I basically follow the road (153) that comes out of Junction to Kent's Lake and then back and down to Puffer Lake and then back to Junction.

If that makes any sense at all.
So, you're kind of in between Beaver and Circleville, up in the hills. I vaguely remember the lakes on the map.

Old 01-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
So, you're kind of in between Beaver and Circleville, up in the hills. I vaguely remember the lakes on the map.
Exactly

Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Is ~1 MPG normal for the groomer? That sounds bad but it's a lot of hours.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Big Frank
Is ~1 MPG normal for the groomer? That sounds bad but it's a lot of hours.
That's normal even as bad as it is. Our old cat I don't think ever even saw 1 mpg. If the snow was deep or there were a lot of drifts so you had to work the cat harder than normal it might take 80 gallons to groom 60 miles.

Everything runs off hydraulic pumps.The plow up front and the tiller on the back. They have hydrostatic transmissions and huge pumps for each track. When you turn you can hear the pumps load the engine. This cat was made in Germany and is powered by a Mercedes turbo diesel.

I hit 1.5 mpg on a run just once but it was an easy night out.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Pro Rider

Front

Rear

So I "assumed" the center caps attached to the wheels just like every other center cap in the world. But they don't.

So I "assumed" when they were not shown in the parts pictures with the wheels and tires that they were no longer available.

So I ordered 4 new ones off eBay for $4.95 each. When they arrived they did not attach to the wheels so I "assumed" they were the wrong ones and tossed them into the garbage can.

I went back on eBay and bought a used set for $10 that I "assumed" were the correct ones. When they arrived they were just old used one like the new ones I bought and tossed in the garbage so these went into the garbage can too.

And then a member in another forum told me this,

Originally Posted by NMKAWIERIDER
Kenny, from what I see those are the same wheels as the 2008s and at cheapcycleparts.com, under 2008 Brute Force 750, under the front and rear hub parts, it shows those as wheel caps # 11065-1153. And they are a whooping $ 1.99 ea. Take a look at the wheels for the 2008 and see of they look the same to you as yours.
So I went online to Rocky Mountain ATV and looked at the hub parts for a 2008 Brute Force 750 and there were the same center caps that I had already tossed into the garbage for only $1.66 each. So I bought 4 more AGAIN!!

They are very very lame.

They are not center caps, they are nut cups.

I am now the proud owner of $45 worth of stupid nut cups.

Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

Went for a short ride yesterday close to home again just to check out the 10" of snow we got last Monday.

I was hoping there would still be snow here to make it a little challenging but nope, its all gone.

There's still some in the shade but not much.

I tried creeping up this one and almost made it. I did need to back down and take a another shot.
You can see the dirt in my tracks. That's as far as I got just creeping up the trail.

Still a nice day for a ride. even if it was only 11 miles.

And due to a lack of ambition Brutus got put away wet. LOL

I am happy to report that my nuts are still covered.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

I saw this Golden Eagle eating some roadkill on my way home today so I stopped and took a couple of pictures.
They are soo awesome!!!!! I saw a Bald Eagle in the same area earlier n the day.

Sorry its not a better picture. The video will show you just how far away I was.

Old 02-01-2019, 12:26 AM
THE BERMINATOR

I could count on my hands the number of times I've seen eagles in my life. Maybe just one hand.

Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Very cool pic, Specta! Love eagles too. When we were out there last fall a bald eagle flew alongside me about 10 yards to my left. Was in the Manning Reservoir area. He stayed with me a couple hundred yards and flew off. Made my day.

Quick Reply: Paiute Trail, Utah