General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

BEWARE POLARIS Outlaw 525-JUNK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, that's 12 kinds of sucky...

I've been wanting to like the '09 IRS. It's comfortable and fits my tall frame well. I've been thinking of one as a future upgrade from my 400ex. But, stories of inconsistent QC make it difficult to say yes to.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

That was one of the reasons i bought the outlaw it was very comfortable to me and handled great.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up 525 Outlaw

The only problem I have had with my outlaw was a clutch cover seal started leaking slightly at 7mnths replaced and good as new, and the maguar clutch master cylinder has seeped since day one, I recently rebuilt that and it works fine now. Did strip out the oil drain plug but again an oversize plug and using a torque wrench when tightening fixed that. Valve adjustment is very easy on these machines and as a HiPo machine needs done as recommended or problems will arise. These are race motors not meant to putt around with.. You really should look into the scramblers they ride really soft and have plenty of power will run for what seems like forever without any problems. I have had really good luck with both of my polaris products just minor repairs and maintance.. Spark plugs, oil, drive belts, and brakes..

Old 12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

I'd go to another dealer even go to Polaris headquarters write them a letter or call them an tell them your dilemna maybe theyll make good on it.Yeah they went to bat for them they clubbed there wallet right outta there hands.
why I call em stealerships every 1 is on a scam.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Outlaw 525s Please Help Respond asap thanks

Hi guys first time on here I just replaced a crank bearing in my outlaw 525s 08. I Just got it back togeather and there is a tick coming from the valve area. I have them set to what the book says but If you guys know of a number that I can Call would be great like a polaris dealer that knows there stuff. Ive called every dealer I know and no one knows anything about these. Thanks If you want u can even text me the number or ur suggestions 763-477-2971

Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Range Rover

Boy am I glad a passed by the Polaris for my Suzuki. I ride it hard and have had nothing go wrong yet. Figure if I cannot break it it has to be pretty tough

Old 03-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Yes get the honda! And yes I have heard all this before. I know you will have better luck with a Honda or Yamaha. What a bummer when you spend that kind of money you want to push a button and go riding. Hope you have better luck and hope to see you on the trail soon! Jeff

Old 03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta Love when new people dig up old dead threads,

Also not sure how Polaris quality comes into play on a KTM motor.

My 525 has been nothing short of Amazing.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackRaptor
not sure how Polaris quality comes into play on a KTM motor.

LOL!!! Thats just clowns playing the "My brand is better than your brand" bs.

Everyone has issues they can bytch about, and other will jump on the band wagon and swear by their own brand.

Hondas - I've bought two brand new Honda motorcycles and both have given me more problems than my Harley - and I have more miles on that than the two Hondas combined.

Toyota - the 4 Runner (Surf) I've been issued here in Afghanland is by far the biggest POS I have EVER driven - and I drove absolute crap in HS!!!! This thing has spent more time in the shop or broke down than not in the four months I've had it.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Same Troubles

I purchased a 07 Outlaw IRS in the fall of 2008 . It was brand new when I bought it. I purchased it because im 6'5 and i needed something a little more accomadating to my height. But i have to say the friggin thing has been nothing but a headache. I had only put maybe 150 miles on it when the decompression switch broke off and complety hamburgered my cam. It ended up doing 1000 dollars worth of damage. Luckily I was smart enough to buy extended warranty for it. So it was covered but I lost a month of riding due to it sitting in a shop. And today I was riding and its was just like a light switch one minute it was running fine and the next i had zero power and shed stall out every time my rpms went down . Will not idle at all. And backfires like crazy when id let off the throttle. So id say im going to be another month with no ride. Its really to bad too because when the outlaw runs it is a complete animal. Ive ridden my fair share of bikes and sport quads but ive gota say the outlaw is right up there as one of the best rigs ive rode when it runs corectly. But unfortunatly that isnt very often. Best of luck to you guys out there battling the same problems I am. I KNOW IT SUCKS lol

Quick Reply: BEWARE POLARIS Outlaw 525-JUNK!!!