General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

BEWARE POLARIS Outlaw 525-JUNK!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry BEWARE POLARIS Outlaw 525-JUNK!!!

We bought a 07 Polaris Outlaw 525 for my husband because he broke his back several years ago and needed the independant suspention. We have had nothing but problems with it!!! From day one the clutch was wrong. Had it in the shop 3 times-OVER a MONTH to repair-they found it was missing the friction plate and had an extra steel plate-cost us $300! STILL did NOT run right! Then we were having power problems keeping it running-the battery was NOT hooked up right from the factory! Had to have a new battery, another $300! Now we get it back and it broke down AGAIN!!! He does NOT jump or ride crazy like a young guy, he's a GRANDPA!!! They said this time it's because one of the valve spring retainers broke in two and the intake valve broke the piston!!! They said it was either cracked or flawed because they hadn't seen this before in a KTM motor!! They wanted almost $2000 to replace!!! This bike is ONLY a year old and been in the shop more than out with ALL factory problems!!! We bought a black and silver POLARIS LEMON!!! POLARIS says it's out of warranty-6 months-and they won't do anything for us. Mid Valley Tractor of Eugene where we bought it says they won't help us!!! We are out $7000 for the quad plus all the repairs!!! Now NO quad at the beginning of the riding season. Has anyone else had all these or any of these same problems?? ANY ideas how to get POLARIS to make good on this piece of JUNK???

Old 04-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

have you tried another dealer? Let them know whats going on and see if they can help out a little.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

it seems you needed the dealer to go to bat foryou , you stated there were missing and xtra parts ........

Old 04-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's ridiculous! Did you buy the outlaw new? Did you buy it from Mid Valley Tractor? I can't believe the dealer won't go to bat for you.....that is just poor business practice! I think mudslinginfool has a good suggestion: try another dealer. Maybe they will take care of you. I know here in Klamath Falls the local tractor dealer who is also the polaris dealer has told people if they don't buy their new atv's from them and buy them from out of town then they won't service them or warranty them! I think it is unethical and would suspect it violates their agreement with polaris, but they get away with it. I'm sure they aren't the only ones who operate this way! Good luck!

Old 04-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of a few others that have had similar experience with Polaris, and that is why I wouldn't venture away from Yamaha or Honda.

Old 04-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every brand has an ocassional lemon. Thankfully none of my Polaris' was one.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your replies, yes we bought it brand new from Mid Valley Tractor and they will NOT help us. We have 4 other quads that we got at another dealer and so we took all of them to that one to be serviced at the same time. Yes there was missing parts, battery hooked up wrong and an extra steel plate in the clutch-yet they still won't fix it at no charge or replace the quad-because it's out of warranty now. It wasn't when we started all these repairs!!! Anyways, we did go to the dealer where we bought the other quads and another quad certified mechanic and they are going to try to help us. I hope so, if we get it fixed....we are going to sell it and buy him a Honda 700 with the independant suspension-we have been told they are the best, that or the Yamaha 700.
I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider
Does it in the Mud!

maybe you can ask the other dealer who"fixed it" the first time to print out a repair order that they did and the causes so you can give it to the other dealer and they/you can summit it to polaris. or your receipts. In my opinion,all this should have been taken care of without money out of your pocket, warranty or not. How can they argue with them forgetting to put the bike together correctly? its not your fault. i would have also laughed and said "your out of your f*@#ing mind if you think im paying $600 for someone elses stupidity." But since you paid it they think you will pay anything now. Good luck,it just ****es me off when a dealer trys to take advantage of everyone, Knowing you didnt do it.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think I would pay a few bucks to have a lawyer draft you a letter stating what you want and the facts that the machine was never built correctly from the factory. Look into the actual lemon laws as well.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

***Then we were having power problems keeping it running-the battery was NOT hooked up right from the factory! Had to have a new battery, another $300!****

They charged you $300 for a battery?

Wonder if it's possible to file this under the lemon law? Hopefully you still have every single receipt. Speak to an Attorney about filing this under lemon law, or read up about it online. I've came across complaints about people who had their fair share of problems with polaris in the past. Other thing you can do is insure it, and get full coverage and hopefully someone will steal it from you. Thats a real shame what you had to go through.

Quick Reply: BEWARE POLARIS Outlaw 525-JUNK!!!