General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Just bought a ATV and Im concerned!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought a ATV and Im concerned!

Hello all,
Long time lurker..First post.
I just purchased a new ATV and when the machine is started it idles smooth, but every 10 seconds it "skips a beat". The Rpms drop down about 200-300 rpms and then pops back up. The dealer put a tach on it so we could see it. The dealers says it is normal???
Has anybody ever brought a new ATV back and requested a new one?? I have had bad experiences with ATV's so I guess I am gun shy.
BTW..This is a Brute 650. Still has "0" hours on it.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Have never heard of one doing that. Sounds pretty strange to me, not normal at all. Granted I only have owned Poo but have been around alot of others on club rides, on trail but never heard one do that. I am thinking that the dealer is just giving you the brush off. Hopefully someone with more know how will chime in.

BTW... WELCOME to the forum.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by upnort
Have never heard of one doing that. Sounds pretty strange to me, not normal at all. Granted I only have owned Poo but have been around alot of others on club rides, on trail but never heard one do that. I am thinking that the dealer is just giving you the brush off. Hopefully someone with more know how will chime in.

BTW... WELCOME to the forum.
Thank you Upnort

I just tried to get the machine off the truck...It keeps on Dying.
I had a gut feeling yesterday when I picked it up...Should have told them I did not want it.
Needless to say...I just stopped payment on the check that I gave them yesterday. I will return the machine tomorrow. I will not buy a machine that has to be serviced or worked on with 0 hours on it. Im sure they will fight me..but they wont be paid.

Old 04-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Ya I think the BS about its normal & then not even being able to unload it would definately tend to pi$$ me off. Sure they will try to give you grief about bring it back but it does nt dound like that dealer values your business.

Had a Kawi KLR650 that I only owned for a couple months and got rid of, loose bolts, rattled alot not comfy at all.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

If it is "normal" tell him to get another off the showroom floor and demonstrate that it does the same thing. And if it does do the same thing tell him you don't want it because that is NOT normal. If you really want the quad just not in its current state I would contact Kawasaki and give them the opportunity to make it right. I am sure that they will do so.

Old 04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Range Rover

First of all. You need to go back to the dealer and say that you want to order a new one, not to get one from that dealer that day. Because if that one is bad that probably means that that whole batch is messed up. Just tell them that you would like to order a new one straight from the factory. and second, When you get the new one, check the choke, check the gas line, and the oil after riding it because the choke could be dropping in and out. gas could be fludding the engine, or oil could be lubricating the pistons too much. sorry for writing so much i'm just trying to help.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input...I just got back from the dealer and they exchanged the machine for a brute 750 efi for 225.00 more.
The dealer really took care of me with not questions asked..I was very surprised.

Trending Topics

Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome to the forums and glad to hear they took care of you. The 750 is a beast you will love it.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

see what I mean you just gotta be your own advocit! if you have anymore problems just stick em' up here and I'll try to help!

Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i need help my 4 wheeler wont start its gettin gas and spark and also has a new carb on it

Quick Reply: Just bought a ATV and Im concerned!